Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Something educational, at last!

We have been extremely lazy around here when it comes to schoolbooks.  The boys have been keeping up their Math and Language Arts studies, but other than that, I'm ashamed to say I just haven't had the motivation to get back to work after the break.  However, yesterday I had tickets to  TheatreWorks USA's performance of Aesop's Fables so I had no excuse!  I took Landon and Kennady, and we arrived barely on time.  Kennady enjoyed the show very much, Landon's reaction wasn't as easy to read, but he said that he liked it.  Both kids could retell the fables to Dad later at the dinner table, so it was fairly memorable.  They could also give descriptions of the types of puppets used for each fable.  Jim West also showed the kids in attendance ways to make their own puppets, and instructions are also on his website: Jim West Puppets  I think Kennady will probably be thrilled to be able to construct some of her own puppets!!!



Will we do anything else truly educational this week?  It's hard to say.  LOL  But at least that Math is getting done!!

1 comments:

DanielleW said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Cameron would love it just because its puppets. But he's pretty easy to please. LOL

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.