Friday, September 14, 2007

First Grade Friday

It is so hard to believe that my little girl, my baby is in first grade.  But she is, and I think she is enjoying it so far.  She doesn't much care for sitting still for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time, so she takes lots of breaks.  But at the same time, I'm expecting a little more from her this year so we are adjusting.  She does like science and math and anything crafty, so until she is reading that is where we are focusing her academic efforts.    She generally talks, sings, and dances most of her waking hours, so that presents some challenges as well. 



What We're Using:

Math:  Modern Curriculum Press Math A



Language Arts:  Teach Your Children to Read Well, Books 1A and 1B (planning to get through both, but it depends how quickly we go)



Social Studies: Around the World in 180 Days



Science:  God's Design for Heaven and Earth - Our Planet Earth



Phys.Ed.:  16 week gym class

And of course, the 12 week spring co-op that I'm planning on for Landon. 

2 comments:

HomeForHeavensSake said...

I can't believe that Kennady is in the FIRST grade already! Wow! She is just too cute.


I hope your year is off to a great start!


Bev

Prncsstefy said...

Sounds like Kennady is going to have a great year!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.