Thursday, January 15, 2009

Homeschool Memoirs #21 {School Days}

Assigned Theme:
This week I want YOU to post your school photo, whether from the 90’s, 80’s, 70’s, or do we have anyone from the 60’s? lol I know you should have one for every year so find your best one and post it. Make sure to post year and grade!

************************************************************

Well, you all are in for a real treat - I had to hunt around to find some school pictures and could only come up with my Grade 1 picture.  I really didn't think it important to bring all my old school and class pictures with me when we moved, although I guess my yearbooks from high school are around here somewhere.  I could not even find my GRAD photo!! but I know DH has one somewhere.  I looked in his wallet and he apparently doesn't keep it there any more. 

So here I am, in Grade 1, five years old (1971).  Check out the Buddy Holly specs.  Groan.  I don't remember there being any choices in children's frames when I had to get glasses way back then.
 

I don't have any other pictures around here, but believe me, they are equally as embarrassing if not more.  I found this snapshot of myself and one of my best friends during a senior exchange trip (1984).  I'm on the right.



We really did not PLAN on having matching hairdos and earrings.


No official grad photo available today, but here is what I looked like at one of the grad banquets (1984).  Notice especially how straight my teeth are, as the braces came off only a couple months before.



(That's not all hair, there is quite a shadow behind me.  My really big hair was a couple years earlier)  I really don't have any pictures that do justice to the amount of blue eyeshadow and eyeliner, and hair product that I typically used.   Also, no pictures of my favorite haircut, the spiked-up crewcut with a tail at back - remember The Eurythmics?  Kind of like Annie Lennox minus red haircolor)  What really baffles me when I look back at the pictures is that I thought I was fat and had bad skin when I was a teenager.  What alternate universe was I living in??  I'd like to be "fat" like that now.  LOL

For more trips down Homeschool Memoir Lane, visit The HSBA Post

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

©2006-2016 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Canadagirl said...

What a FUN post ! It shows me that were were in HS at the same time. I gradded in 87 when did you ?


What a pretty pic of you at your grad. I wanted to stop in and say Hi ! And let you know you were missed. I am starting to feel like I can breath again. I had waaaaaay to much on my plate last year. I am REALLY trying to not have so much this year.


Blessing and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

In Him<><

-Mary

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.