Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up: In Which I Procrastinate in Posting Pictures

Homeschool:  I'm so glad that we're not falling behind in our schoolwork! (At least not yet.  Not saying it won't happen later in the year...) Even with our relaxed approach during these weeks with family visiting, we are managing to stay fairly current.  I am not up-to-date on grading though, I must admit.  We finished off our Social Studies unit on Africa, although we still have a few recipes we might want to try.  We got started on our study of Australia.  In Science, we were able to do a few experiments this week.  We made a "fire extinguisher in a jar" using baking soda and vinegar...





...and tested reaction rates using alka-seltzer tablets. (The Many Uses of Alka-Seltzer)  Kennady even managed to sneak a picture of Landon while we were doing that:



You can tell how happy he is about it.  LOL

Kennady enjoyed working on sewing projects this week, with Gramma to help her.  I think she will be a quilter!  She designed this project all by herself, and chose the fabrics as well.  It's not quite finished, but I'm quite impressed with her eye for color and composition, and her attention to detail!



In Other News:  On Thursday we took a day off school and went to Harpers Ferry, WV for most of the day.







I will post more of the pictures in a day or two.

On the Bookshelf:

  • The Skin Map by Stephen R Lawhead (this has been largely neglected while I focus on other books, and since I haven't had as much time to read the past couple weeks)

  • The Fire by Katherine Neville

  • Have a New Kid by Friday by Dr Kevin Leman (some of his suggestions have me cracking up!)



Visit Canadagirl and/or Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers for other Weekly Wrap-Ups

2 comments:

Giggly Girls said...

Cool experiments!

Have fun in Australia. I love it there!

wdworkman said...

Harper's Ferry looks fun. I love the Snowmen!
Janet W
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.