Saturday, May 25, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal: Commencement Week Edition

In our homeschool... Not surprisingly, we didn't do much school this week. Everyone worked on finishing up some of the outstanding assignments, but it was on their own. I was busy with a lot of errands and preparation for the commencement ceremony this week!

I have been viewing the Teacher Training DVDs for Institute for Excellence in Writing, so we can get going with the Student Writing Intensive next week. I am excited about it - I'm really enjoying my learning adventure!

In other news... not much, really. We were kind of consumed with graduation! Now, of course the next step will be to help Spencer get started in hunting down a job. He's got at least one really good lead, but he's nervous about following up. It's a pretty nerve-wracking step for a quiet and introverted guy like Spencer to jump into job interviews and new settings and situations.

Kennady played her last couple of softball games of the season. I think there is one makeup game next week and then it's the playoffs.



One of my favorite things this week... obviously, the grad was a huge favorite! It went so well and I think everyone enjoyed it. I'm waiting for the pictures from the photographers so I can share more!

A photo/video/quote or link to share... One of the many birds that has been keeping us entertained at the birdbath and feeders by the front porch.

On the bookshelf...
  • Mrs Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini
  • The Outlaw Preacher by John W Andrews
  • Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris
  • The Spirit Well by Stephen R Lawhead
  • Sticky Faith by Dr Kara E Powell and Chap Clark Ph.D.
My review of my fifth (at least!) reading of Patrick: Son of Ireland by Stephen R Lawhead is up. I finished The Map Across Time by C.S. Lakin, and Far in the Wilds by Deanna Raybourn, but haven't written reviews yet.

A parting shot... Congratulations, Spencer!

This post is linked up at iHomeschoolNetwork - see how other homeschoolers are finishing up their school year!
undefined

©2006-2013 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Congrats Spencer! Tball will just be beginning here in a couple weeks and I can't wait. My boys aren't really into sports so I am going to love being able to see my daughter play.

Melissa said...

Congratulations Spencer and to you! Sounds like a wonderful week!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.