Friday, June 14, 2013

Think Back Thursday: Phys.Ed.

We had some severe weather here yesterday, and a power outage, so I'm a bit late posting my Think Back Thursday! Our theme this week is Phys.Ed. For many years, our homeschool fellowship group has offered a gym class that my kids have all really enjoyed. I used to try to get pictures at gym, especially on first and last days, but the lighting in the building just didn't lend itself very well to good pictures. I did find a few though.

Kennady and Landon must have been in Kindergarten and Grade 2 when I took these.


I made an attempt at pictures in 2012, and they didn't turn out much better.

This one was taken through the plexi-glass - about all you can tell is how much Kennady has grown since that first picture! LOL

Kennady has also taken a couple of archery classes - this one was in 2011.

In the spring, we have Field Day. Most years it is outside at a city park, but in 2012, poor weather forced us to hold it indoors at the same facility where we have gym class. It didn't dampen the spirits of Kennady and her friends, as they did the wave during the older students' soccer game.


In 2011, we were able to have Field Day outside.


The tug-of-war ends the day, and is often kids against the parents. There are not many dads in attendance, and usually a fair number of teen boys, so the parents don't win very often!

The weather turned rainy on Field Day again this year, cutting it short. (so, no tug-of-war!) We were trying to hurry through some of the events to finish before the rain came down, so I only took a couple of pictures. I made sure to catch this one though. This was the results of the distance throw - throwing a football as far as possible. The winners are from left to right, and that's Kennady in 4th place, not very far behind the 3rd place mark. I was quite proud of my little tomboy!
Photo

This post is linked at: Debbie's Digest for Think Back ThursdayVisit Debbie's Digest to join in with Think Back Thursday, and to see what other bloggers are sharing this week. Upcoming themes include: Science; and Vacation

 Think Back Thursday is a photo meme that encourages sharing something from the past.  It is hosted by Debbie's Digest.  You can find out more about it, and how you can participate, by clicking the link or the button below.  
©2006-2013 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

Great photos. I love the photo of 'the wave'. I have lots of photos from field days when my kids were young. I will share some of them another time. God bless. Have a great rest of your weekend with the family. Thanks for linking up.

Katie said...

Great photos! :) Wanted to say that I'm creating a blogroll of blogs that blog (at least occasionally) about homeschooling high school. (http://letshomeschoolhighschool.com/homeschool-high-school-blogs/) I came across yours today and added it. I love finding blogs by folks in the same stage of homeschooling I am! :) I hope you’ll drop by and hang out with us at LHSHS.com soon. Thanks in advance! Blessings...

Katie

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.