Thursday, October 4, 2007

Blogger Friend School Assignment #4 {Panning for Gold}


The assignment this last week  was to share our internet treasures.  Over a week later, I'm finally getting this done...




  • A website that you visit every day:  I have a few... World Corssing and Womens-Place to visit my message boards.  I also go to my local homeschool group's website, my yahoo groups and my library's website quite regularly.



  • First place you look for a book to buy:  CBD



  • Favorite homeschool support area:  the other moms on my message boards devoted to homeschooling!



  • Homeschool site full of information that you use regularly:  I go to so many websites - it just depends what I am looking for.



  • Site that you buy your new curriculum from:  I buy quite a bit from CBD, but have also purchased from Answers in Genesis



  • Site that you buy your used curriculum from:  I don't usually buy used curriculum online, but rather at the local homeschool book fairs.



  • Site that provides good wholesome recipes:  I don't know how "wholesome" they are, but I like to browse Copy Cat and Restaurant recipes for ideas occasionally.  You can search the recipes by restaurant name, so if you have a favourite dish at, say, Cracker Barrel, you can look for "copycat" recipes to make your own at home.  I also stop by Food Network's website occasionally, and my DH gets a couple of smoking/barbecue e-newsletters with good recipes.



  • Informational site that shows you "how to":  Earth & Sky offers good practical advice for skywatching.  Science Explorer has fun science demonstrations and experiments with easy instructions. 



  • A homeschool family website that you purchase from to support them:  TGHomesoft is the first that comes to mind.  Also Knowledge Quest



  • Favorite graphic site to get graphics for your blog or other things:  Well, as you can see, I don't do much in the way of graphics "extras"  LOL



  • A blog to read that is always full of humor:  JenIG - Because I Said So blog (the lady that sold the Pokemon cards on eBay, you probably know who I mean.  Most of us probably read her blog now)



  • A blog to read that is always full of useful information:  Sprittibee 



  • A blog to visit because it is eye appealing and easy to read:  Jenn4Him   Marsha 



  • A blog that you read because it inspires you to be a better homeschooling mom:  Training Hearts   CanadaGirl  



  • List any other sites that you would like to share that have provided you with a wealth of golden information:  - How Stuff Works  I love this site, it is just fun!  - Mr Donn's Ancient History  Lots of readable info about ancient civilizations, and lots of links (couple of caveman references, but those are very easily skipped over!) 



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.