Monday, February 27, 2012

Goal Planning Monday - February 27, 2012

I can't say I'm pleased with my progress this week, because I really didn't get much done.  I spent more time than I'd expected running errands during the days, and our evenings were full as well. 

  1. Keep up with grading. Start planning next year's courses with Spencer. Progress.   I started out well with grading, but didn't get it all done.  I did start looking at some ideas for Spencer's coursework for next year, and I do have plenty of time to look after that.
  2. Taxes.  Not done.
  3. Sewing and mending. Not done.  But I did start tidying up the sewing area.  That counts, right?!
  4. Reading...Done!
  5. Blog Goals...Progress.  I got a couple of posts up, did some commenting (although not as much as I would have liked), but I still have the book blog post to finish.
  6. Meal planning...Done, I guess.  I think I had a plan for every night last week, even though I had to make a couple of changes when our schedule didn't allow enough time for what I'd originally planned.
  7. Decluttering...Very little progress.
For the coming week...

  1. Grading.  Finish building the trebuchet for co-op.
  2. Taxes.  Still needs to be done!
  3. Finish tidying the sewing area and making it workable.  I think I need to break this down.  If I can organize that space and make it less chaotic to look at, it should be easier and more pleasant to sit down and work on the projects that need my attention. 
  4. Reading...  Still working through A House for My Name.  Finish one of my two novels this week.  And I have been reading Mark Twain's Humorous Stories and Sketches aloud to the kids - I meant to finish it on the weekend, but did not.  So I need to finish that in the first half of this week, preferably tomorrow.
  5. Blog Goals... I have several reviews I'm working on, one is due this week.  I am trying to get into a routine of five posts each week.  I also want to read and comment on more of the Homeschool Mother's Journal participants' blogs.  Since that happens on the weekend, when I spend less time on the computer, I comment on far fewer of them than I'd like to.
  6. Meal planning.  A meal plan and a grocery list to shop from, and more that's made from scratch.
  7. Decluttering...  as always!

This post is linked up at Mama Manuscripts.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Meal planning is one of my goals this week, too. Good luck on your goals this week!

Mama Manuscripts said...

I tried to post earlier the week but I was having issues with your captcha and the girlie was ill so I gave up. I'm constantly decluttering so I get that goal!

I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.