We have so many blessings for which we are very thankful! I am reminded on almost a daily basis that I can be so thankful that I found out about homeschooling, and that God put us in the right places and in touch with the right people to get us started on our home education adventure! Here are just a few of the homeschool-related blessings that I am counting this year:
- We have the freedom to homeschool. I am thankful that we live in a country where we can homeschool without fearing the worst from our government, and that we live in a state where homeschoolers have very few restrictions and regulations placed on them.
- We can afford to homeschool. We can still live in a fair amount of comfort on my hard-working hubby's income, and find the money for curriculum and field trips and some extras too.
- Our families are pretty supportive. It's been pretty rare that I've had to defend our choice to home educate to a relative, and that's a relief!
- Our church and our friends are supportive. Most people seem to think homeschooling is pretty cool, or at least it's not so weird that they treat us like we're a freak show.
- My kids and I have very good friends in the local homeschooling community. We have fantastic support in our homeschool fellowship group and in our umbrella group, and those groups offer things like co-op classes, gym classes, field trips, and extra-curricular activities that really bless us.
- There's so much curriculum out there to choose from! Just the internet itself is such a valuable resource! Plus, we get to sample things that we couldn't otherwise have access to because of the Schoolhouse Review Crew. Being on the Crew has been a great blessing because it has given us the opportunity to try - and often stick with! - resources and extras for our homeschool; and it's also introduced me to another community of homeschoolers in the blogosphere that are supportive and encouraging.
What homeschool blessings you counting this year? Leave a comment and let me know! Be sure to visit the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog (this link will be live on Tuesday, November 20th) to see what other Crew members have to say. You can also visit the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog homepage to see the reviews we are working on, past reviews, and past blog cruise topics.