Friday, November 23, 2012

K is for... Kindred Spirits

Today is Thanksgiving, and one of the blessings I am very thankful for is the presence of dear friends in my life.  Friends who are kindred spirits, as Anne Shirley would say.

“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”  ~ Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
I live far away from my family and the friends I had in school, but I have been blessed to find some wonderful kindred spirit friends here - through my church and through my homeschool group.  And I have some very dear friends that I've 'met' through message boards and blogging, some that I've been privileged to meet in person and some that I am still waiting to meet in person!

These few pictures are just a small representation of the friends I've come to know online.  I've been fortunate enough to meet these three ladies in person.

Denise and me at Kingdom Bound 2009.  This wasn't the first time we'd met in person, but it was one of the most memorable because our families vacationed together.
Denise and me at Niagara Falls in 2009 
Joanne and me in 2006 - this was the first time we'd met

Heather and me in 2010

Please visit Ben and Me: K is for Kelli to join in and to see what thoughts this week's letter has prompted for other bloggers.  This week the letter K is being guest-hosted by Kelli at Adventurez in Child Rearing.
Blogging Through the Alphabet
To find out more about the Blogging through the Alphabet link-up, and how to participate, visit Ben and Me: Blogging Through The Alphabet

2 comments:

Denise Houser said...

I resemble that! No, really, I am so there with you on the kindred spirits, but then that is no surprise, since you are one of my kindred spirits, and I am so very thankful for you! :-)

Stefanie said...

Love!!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.