Monday, February 11, 2013

Goal Planning Monday: February 11, 2013





Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. ~Psalm 90:12~

This was a pretty good week, but I have to admit that I left a majority of the stuff on the list until Saturday.  But, hey - it got done!
  1. Finish organizing the kitchen. Mostly done. I have a couple of junk drawers that I should probably clean out to be truly "done" but they're really not priority.  I do still need to clean out the fridge properly too.
  2. Co-op lessons and schoolwork. Mostly done. Co-op lessons done and I've got most things graded.  
  3. Baking and meal planning. Done.  
  4. Blog goals... Partly done. Still have some drafts that I wanted to have further along by now.
  5. Personal study and reading. Progress. I am hoping to get a test in the mail for my tax prep course today, but I am still struggling with getting this done. 
  6. Work on reorganizing the stuff in the basement. Some progress.  And I can't take much credit for that - DH headed up that project and got started; I am mostly acting as consultant at this point.  LOL
  7. This week's errands and to-do list: complete. 
Looking ahead to this week - 
  1. Clean the fridge. Planning on doing it today, actually.
  2. Prep pictures, music, and biography for grad.  Need to turn in pictures and music at a meeting tomorrow evening.  The music has already been chosen, and most of the pictures.  I need to finish getting the pictures together and organized properly.  We have a little more time before needing to submit the bio for grad and the yearbook, but might as well get it all done now too.
  3. Grading, schoolwork, and co-op.  This would be a great week to make sure I'm completely caught up on grading again, since I only need to make one or handout pages for co-op.
  4. Declutter challenges.  This week's challenges focus on getting the recycling and trash collection organized and simple for the household.  Since we have that well in hand already (yay us! for a change!), it will give me a chance to get "caught up" with the few things in the kitchen that I haven't finished - finish decluttering and organizing my recipe books and loose recipes, and making up a pantry inventory that works for me.
  5. Baking and meal planning.  Bake bread, bake cookies, plan decent meals.  Thursdays continue to present a challenge for dinner, since we get home rather late from our afternoon at co-op.  I have served notice to the family that Thursdays will most likely be "all you didn't eat before smorgasbord" night - otherwise known as Leftovers.  Either that or "shoot yer own" night.  LOL
  6. Blog goals... same old, same old.  Move a couple of those drafts into the "published" column.
  7. Personal study and reading.  Get that chapter test in the mail and set aside at least two one-hour blocks during the week to study.  I am planning on Monday and Thursday.
  8. Reorganize in basement.  This is an ongoing project, but we plan to work on it as a family on Saturdays (at minimum) and make some progress.
  9. This week's errands and to-do list includes: grad meeting, CAP, church activities, shopping and errands, and getting my son off to a weekend youth retreat on time.
This post is linked up at Real Life: Unscripted.  (New home for Goal Planning Monday!)

1 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

Looks like you did great last week. Graduation... ah... sweet memories. I had one graduate last year... we had a pretty good party. My last will be graduating in 2015. I will bawl then... cause my baby will be graduating and I will be DONE homeschooling after 24 years.

Declutter... we need to work on that... especially in the basement. It is in the plans but not for this week. I hope making your personal study goal more specific that you will accomplish it and already made progress on it. I did the same thing with my reading goal and already accomplished part of my goal.

God Bless, Happy Valentines Day and have a great rest of your week and weekend.

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.