This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Homeschool Coffee Break helps fuel this blog and our homeschool - thank you!
On New Years Eve, I made a more serious list of a few general goals for 2017. That list addressed my intention to be more organized and diligent in my home and in our homeschool. But I've also got another set of goals for the year - a list of some more personal things I want to do before my next birthday. You see, my birthday is on one of the last squares of the calendar, and as you might have figured from my graphic - yeah, I just hit the big five-oh. Last year I got the idea to make a Birthday Bucket List of fun and personal things to do, one for each year. It was a challenge to come up with 49 things then, so even if I keep on making Birthday Bucket Lists for years to come, I don't think I'll ever aim to put more than fifty items on the list! This year's list will include some of the same items, either because I didn't get them done yet or because I want to do them again. Some are just for fun, and some are more serious, and many are somewhere in between. As I did last year, I will list them in random order, except for the first item. (You can see last year's list here: My Birthday Bucket List)
- Pray more.
- Take pictures.
- Cuddle my granddaughter.
- Plan a vacation.
- Watch movies with Kennady.
- Finish organizing our family room.
- Get new boots.
- Read 50 books.
- Write letters.
- Send birthday cards.
- Celebrate special occasions.
- Make new friends.
- Invite people over for dinner.
- Try a new restaurant.
- Get a new coffee maker.
- Read the Bible every day.
- Lose weight.
- Paint my bedroom.
- Do some updates on my blog.
- Start a newsletter for the blog.
- Get rid of stuff we don't need.
- Clean my closet.
- Clean my desk.
- Finish some craft projects. Or give them to someone who will.
- Paint the hallways.
- Go to hockey games.
- Go to baseball games.
- Actually make meal plans and try to follow them.
- Decorate the house for the seasons.
- Can my own jam or jelly.
- Do something with the photos.
- Go exploring with hubby on Saturdays.
- Get new window coverings for the bedroom.
- Bake bread.
- Get a massage.
- Knit something.
- Attend a concert (probably Uprise).
- Renew our passports. On time.
- Plan something fun and romantic to celebrate our anniversary.
- Learn something new.
- Get family pictures done.
- Sit on the front porch and just relax.
- Phone my aunts.
- Fly the state flag.
- Visit the White House.
- Visit an art museum.
- Streamline files on the computer.
- Eat dinner using the china, even if it's not a special occasion.
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. ~C.S. Lewis
Do you have any "just for fun" goals for the year? Leave a comment and let me know! Visit the Homeschool Review Crew blog to see what goals other Crew members have set for themselves and their homeschools in the Goals for the Year Ahead link-up.
By the way, you'll find my more serious goals for 2017 here: 52 Lists #52 - Setting Goals for 2017
©2006-2017 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/