Here's a quick Random 5 on Friday post, and then I need to get back to work - I have baking and some chores I need to get done before running errands this afternoon.
- Thought I was staying on top of grading the kids' schoolwork, but I've still got a fair-sized stack of math to go through. This weekend's project is to make sure I'm completely caught up.
- My pet peeve of the week: people adding their link to a link-up but it has NOTHING to do with the theme of the link-up. Hello?! Do you even look at the anchor post?! I'm sure no one reading this would ever do that, but there are people out there that do and it bugs me. Thanks for letting me vent. :-)
- Six big bags of clothes and bedding left my house this week - donated to Purple Heart. A little bit more progress in our efforts to reduce our stuff this year. And speaking of reducing... I'm finally trying to get more serious about some personal reducing. I need to lose weight, and I need to quit procrastinating. I've been making a few small changes that have already helped me, and I am committed to continuing. Some things are harder to change than others, so I expect there to be some difficult days when I am just not feeling it.
- It was too cloudy to see any of the partial solar eclipse yesterday. But we didn't have welding masks or anything like that anyway, so maybe it's just as well that we watched the live streaming from a couple of conservatories instead. I like lunar eclipses better - no special viewing equipment needed. :-)
- Finally did some catching up and blogged about some of the books I finished reading recently. Check out my book blog, Just A Second, if you want to see what they are.
In addition to linking to the Random 5 on Friday at The Pebble Pond, this post is also linked at For the Display of His Splendor.
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!
©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/