Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up: In Which I Run Out of Title Ideas

Homeschool:  It was hard to get momentum going this week, when the first half was spent in running around! The kids figured they could probably get away with doing very little the first couple days this week, and to a certain extent they were right.  Kennady finished a chapter book she loved - Noonie's Masterpiece - and I told her she could help me write a review for the blog.  On Thursday we had co-op.  The Art and Geography class studied China, learned a little Chinese calligraphy, and did a paper cutting.  On Friday, once again it was time to catch up on grading and on just about everything else, but mostly I was so tired I couldn't get motivated.  So some of that catching up (on my part anyway) will have to happen on the weekend.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="320" caption="co-op class"][/caption]



 

In Other News:  On Tuesday,  Kennady and I tagged along with Harrison to Lancaster where he visited a radio station.   Kennady and I stopped off to see some of the Pennsylvania Dutch crafts and visited a quilt shop.  She is now even more excited about the prospect of my aunts visiting this spring, because I told her that we would make sure we visited the quilt shops with them.  Wednesday was doctor appointment day - I took Harrison to a couple of appointments that had been put off while he was at school.  The first was the ophthalmologist, which took literally all morning, and we still had to make two more follow-up appointments... In the afternoon it was the dermatologist, which went much quicker.  Also ordered some new glasses for him, which unfortunately won't be ready for about 2 weeks.  On Thursday morning, we had the chimney repaired so we can have fires in the woodstove again!  Also, we picked up the cat from the vet; he is now a kinder, gentler, and declawed kitty.  ;-)   Harrison headed to the bank on Friday so he could open up a checking account of his own. One more step to being an adult and on his own! Weather was wonderful at the end of the week, but got VERY windy!   Harrison is headed to his job in Delaware on his own, probably nearing his destination even as I type! So the wind made me kind of nervous about him driving, just because I'm a mom and it's what moms do.  8-)



On the Bookshelf:

  • Quitting Church by Julia Duin

  • Miniatures and Morals: The Christian Novels of Jane Austen by Peter Leithart

  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

  • In Search of the Mountain of God: The Discovery of the Real Mount Sinai by Robert Cornuke and David Halbrook

Finished In Search of the Lost Mountains of Noah by Robert Cornuke and David Halbrook, and Critique of Criminal Reason by Michael Gregorio

Parting Shot:



[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="320" caption="Kennady and friends with their Chinese paper cuttings"][/caption]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.