Monday, September 3, 2012

Goal Planning Monday: September 3, 2012




We arrived home from vacation yesterday, so I get to add some things to my list that I accomplished! ;-)  Here are the things that I had on the list two weeks ago that I wanted to do before we left home:

  1. General clean up in the house. Done.  I actually managed to leave for vacation feeling like the house was in pretty good shape.
  2. Schedule payments and blog posts etc.  Done.  
  3. School... Not done.  I don't think.  I really don't remember what I thought we would do, but there were a couple things, and I'm pretty sure we didn't do them.
  4. Sewing. Not done. This was an "if I have time" item, and I didn't have time.
  5. Final preparations for the trip. Done!  All the reservations, maps, and packing - done and on time!
  6. This week's errands and to-do list: complete. The only thing on that errands list that I hoped to do and didn't was get my hair cut.
I also get to put these things on a list so I can check them off:
  1. Visit friends.  We spent a few days with good friends that used to live here and now live in New Brunswick, and I got to meet an online friend in person.
  2. See two Canadian provinces I hadn't visited before. New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.  And four states I hadn't visited before.  We just drove through, but now I can say I have been in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine.
  3. Get a new windshield.  8-/  Because a rock chipped and cracked ours pretty badly in Maine.  So this week I get to follow up and find out whether any part of it is covered by our insurance.
  4. Walk on the ocean floor. We went to Hopewell Rocks and saw the amazing tides at the Bay of Fundy.
  5. Go on a sailing ship and see whales.  We chose a whale-watching tour that used a replica sailing vessel.  Of course we weren't under sails alone, but it was a great experience.  We saw whales, porpoises, and seals.
I did NOT see a moose though.  Bummer.  On the bright side, seeing a moose sometimes means hitting a moose and wrecking the vehicle, so I can be glad that there was no damage of that kind done!  


Now that we're home, and all unpacked, we have today to adjust and then it's full time homeschool after that.
  1.  Clean up my desk.  It shouldn't be too difficult to clear the work spaces so two people can sit at the desks for schoolwork.  Beyond that, the inside/storage areas of both desks need purging and reorganizing.
  2. Update lesson plans and get our schoolwork done!  If I remember correctly, I had planned for us to be working on all subjects starting this week.  Since I've been away, I'll need to refresh my memory as to what is planned and make sure we have everything we need.
  3. Baking and meal planning.  Time to get a menu plan together and make an effort to prepare frugal and healthy meals this month.
  4. Schedule appointments.  For the vehicle repairs that didn't get done before we left.  With doctors, and I guess with a dentist too.  Ugh.  And we can finally schedule to close on our refinance.
  5. Reading... I didn't read nearly as much on this vacation as I have on some others, because we were busy doing things! So I need to get back to Hamlet, and some of the other things on my to-read list.
  6. Blog goals... I'll be thinking about some kind of blogging schedule, and I have all kinds of vacation pictures to share, a little at a time.  No reviews due this week though.
  7. This week's errands and to-do list includes: grocery shopping, an eye doc appointment, CAP, gym class, and who knows what else.
This post is linked up at Real Life: Unscripted.  (New home for Goal Planning Monday!)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe I'll join you with this next week and get more accomplished. Today has been delightfully relaxing with all of the family at home.

Katrina said...

Agh! I cannot believe that you can out to Eastern Canada. Considering that I went to Halifax for care, we were probably pretty close to one another at some point. I'm always looking to meet other homeschoolers. Next time you'll have to plan to make it all the way out to Cape Breton (it really is lovely).

Have a great week!

Kym said...

I would love to visit Cape Breton and the rest of NS too! We took a brief little side trip into NS at Amherst, just so the kids could say they'd been in one more province. (DH and I had both been in NS when we were teens) LOL

Debbie Phillips said...

Sounds like a great vacation. Good luck on Hamlet and getting back to school. Sometimes I hate taking off because it is sooo hard to get back into the routine afterwards. I would love to have a blogging schedule but I mostly have some memes I like to do and my own meme on Mondays. I bought an e-book to help me but I haven't used it yet. I always have plans to do better on my blog but don't really do as well with it as I would like.

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.