I didn't get online last evening for the weekly Chat on the Farmhouse Porch hosted by Everyday Ruralty so here I am at lunchtime.
This week's questions:
- Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?
- Iced tea, iced coffee, or carrot juice - which do you prefer?
- If you use a crock pot, do you have a favorite recipe? If not, what is your favorite, easy "go to" recipe?
- Do you prefer to wash dishes by hand or dishwasher?
- What are you looking forward to?
- I've had three of my wisdom teeth removed, and it was a horrid experience.
- I love iced tea and iced coffee, but my preference is usually iced tea. Sweet tea, no lemon.
- I don't use my crock pot often, but the family favorite recipe that I use it for most often is a very simple one. We call it Vault Dip (our church's youth group and building is called The Vault, and it's very popular there.). I'll share the recipe below.
- Well, I prefer not to wash dishes at all; and have the kids do it instead! So I'm going to say I prefer the dishwasher.
- I'm looking forward to our family vacation. I'm actually looking forward to starting the new school year! And a little further down the road, I'm eagerly looking forward to Christmas this year, because my parents will be coming to visit over the holidays!
2 pounds lean ground beef
6 cups shredded cheese (I like Monterey Jack or Colby Jack)
2 cans Rotel (seasoned tomatoes with chilies)
1 tbsp chili powder (more or less to taste)
Tabasco sauce to taste, if preferred
Scramble-fry ground beef and drain. Put all ingredients in a large crockpot and stir. Cook on Low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips.
Visit Chat 148 at Everyday Ruralty to join in!
This post is also linked at Try a New Recipe Tuesday, hosted by Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!
©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/