Monday, August 4, 2014

Blogs on My Must-Read List

Favorite Homeschool Blogs
Sometimes I wonder how we homeschooled before I started finding so many wonderful resources online! Admittedly, I also wonder how I manage to get any homeschooling done with so many wonderful resources online... It's a blessing and a curse, isn't it?! Many of the fantastic ideas and timely encouragements I've found online are contained in the blogs of other homeschoolers. An exhaustive list of top-notch homeschool blogs would be exhausting, frankly, but here is a sampling of the blogs that I return to again and again.

Confessions of a Homeschooler - she shares artist studies, literature units, planning tools and tips, and printables. And lots more.
Confessions of a Homeschooler

Harmony Fine Arts At Home - fine arts studies and ideas. She offers a lot of free things on the blog, and the studies she sells are reasonably priced.

Let's Homeschool High School - this is a quick reference blog for anyone homeschooling through high school or considering it.

Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers - I think this very popular blog might have been the original weekly summary link-up for homeschool bloggers. She's funny and honest, but best of all, she's encouraging.
Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers

Schoolhouse Review Crew - Duh. Of course! No, seriously. Best blog to visit for reviews of all kinds of homeschool resources; blog round-ups and carnivals that provide links to lots of helpful and entertaining Crew articles; informative articles; and home base for 5-Day Blog Hops too.
Schoolhouse Review Crew

And the following blog are those of fellow Crew members. Although, let me tell you - ALL the Crew bloggers are lovely, so picking just a few to name here was hard for me. You can actually see a listing of all the Crew blogs by clicking the Schoolhouse Review Crew Blog Roll button right over there in my sidebar. ---->


Every Bed of RosesA Glimpse of Our Life - Angels Of Heart - these are the lovely ladies that co-host a weekly art link-up with me, the Virtual Refrigerator. So I always read their blogs, and find some pretty cool stuff!
Every bed of Roses  A Glimpse of Our Life  

Circling Through This Life - One of the things I love about Tess's blog is that she is homeschooling high school girls, and her reviews of high school resources are always thorough and well-done. She also shares some wonderful insights into the Orthodox church.
Circling Through This Life

Ben and Me - If you want to know more about delight-directed learning, you can't do much better than to check out Marcy's blog. She keeps me coming back with her word studies, and the great link-ups, especially the Blogging Through the Alphabet series.
Ben and Me

For the Display of His Splendor - The Pebble Pond - Speaking of link-ups, I really like DaLynn's Christian Fellowship Friday and Miranda's Random 5 on Friday. (The Pebble Pond was also the original home of the Beauty Captured link-up)
For the Display of His Splendor   The Pebble Pond


Lextin Academy - Even though Lexi's kids are all much younger than mine, I still love visiting her blog. It's pretty to look at, and she writes things that are encouraging for all homeschool moms, not just moms of littles.


Tolivers to Texas - the Tolivers are a homeschooling family working for Wycliffe Associates, so there's more than just homeschooling on her blog. She also writes about missions, and has recently written a book called Seed Sowers.
Photobucket
Simply Audra Marie - I recently starting visiting Audra's "sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real" blog more regularly. She is hosting a summer reading challenge that my daughter and I are participating in.


Family, Faith and Fridays - Every week I find something to love about Michelle's blog. At least one thing every week! Lately it's been her excellent contributions to the Blogging through the Alphabet series.
Family, Faith, and Fridays

Ozark Ramblings - Beth has been Blogging through the Alphabet and sharing about the great places to visit in her home state of Missouri. That's just one of the things to love about her blog!
Ozark Ramblings

I hope you'll visit a few of these blogs, and I hope you've enjoyed your coffee break visit to my blog. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here, and feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit you too. Be sure to visit the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog (this link will be live on Wednesday, August 6th) to see other Crew members' lists of homeschool blogs they like. You can also visit the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog homepage to see lots of product reviews, and past blog cruise topics.
Favorite Homeschool Blogs

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Michele said...

Kym, Thank you for your sweet words. In a particularly challenging season in my life, I cannot tell you how much this meant to me! You have blessed me more than hyou can know- thank you!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.