Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BFS Assignment #106 {Have It Your Way}


Memory Verse: Isaiah 40: 1- Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.


Intro: “Have It Your Way” (Burger King)  - As cooler weather approaches and the winter eases into our doors I like to lounge by the fire after a hot shower.  I love to make soups that are brimming with a rich and full flavor.  In our home there’s nothing better than a hot bowl of soup or and a hot cup of coffee or cocoa on a cold winter night.


Assignment: Tell us all about how your have “your” relaxing time, more especially how during the cooler months you take time to curl up with your favorite movie, book, Bible study, and what your favorite warm drink would be.


******************************************************************


Especially when its cold, I love to have my "me time" curled up in a corner of my living room sofa, with either my knitting or a good book, and preferably with a fire going.  We have a gas fireplace in the living room, which isn't as good as a "real" fire, but its warm and comforting all the same.  We do have a woodstove in the family room which is our main heat source during the winter, but it is not attractive in that it doesn't have a glass door.  Someday we'll replace it with a more aesthetically pleasing stove, since, as my DH points out, "where is the fun in building a fire if you can't SEE it?"  I totally agree.


 


During the winter, the whole family may gather in the cozy family room (with the woodstove!) to eat popcorn, drink hot chocolate, and watch a movie or a hockey game on TV.   


 


And if I get chilly, I LOVE me a hot bubblebath.  I light candles and get a good book and have a soak in the tub.  You'll pardon me, I'm sure, if I decline to show that picture! LOL


 


This is my living room sofa.  I like the corner closest to the fireplace, and that is where all my knitting and cross-stitching stuff "lives"  I keep enough room on that end table for my mug of chai, mocha coffee, or hot chocolate.



 



 


My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.


~ Isaiah 32:18 ~



To join Blogger Friend School, or to see more assignments, visit the Blogger Friend School website.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

ahhhh comfy fire, sounds wonderful in a few hours when I'm done with my day...we have a woodstove made from a 55-gallon drum, there's no window on it either but I can see the fire from the air vent below the door. A window would be nice but not enough to have the expense of a new stove. Thank you for sharing.


Mrs. Nancy

BFS Teacher

Sheri said...

I miss having a "real" fireplace...the gas one is ok, but just not the same. Looks to be a cozy area of your house! Thanks for posting!

momofmhasr said...

Sounds warm and cozy to me.

momofneb said...

Sounds wonderful Kym! Maybe I can convince my husband to buy me one of those "fake" fireplaces, so I can at least pretend I have a warm cozy fire to sit by!


~ Kim

tammy said...

Mmmm, I love a good mocha coffee!! Your couch looks comfy, too. :) Oh...and I understand about not sharing photos of that other relaxing spot!!LOL ;o)


tammy

www.momofjstk.blogspot.com

LivingWatersHomeschool said...

I love your fireplace!! We have a woodstove, but for some reason the former owner of our house decided the master bedroom was a better place for it than the living room. There is nothing like the dry heat of a woodfire to take the chill out of the air though!! God Bless!

kchara said...

I'd so love a fireplace like that!

RebeccaC said...

Kim, your couch looks super-cozy. I think that is where I would curl up, too, but your entire living room is beautiful!


We are a hot chocolate family, also. But I can't stand the combination of chocolate and cinnamon and for some reason that's how everyone here in our part of Mexico takes their hot chocolate...so I generally stick with coffee! ;^)


Hope you're able to get some good-quality relaxing done this week!

-- Rebecca@ http://whatbeautifulfeetyouhave.blogspot.com

Christin said...

Very nice, cozy spot you got there! The fireplace must be such a cozy spot. I've always wanted one (in a not-so-coveting way! ;) )

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.