Monday, October 8, 2012

Goal Planning Monday: October 8, 2012





Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. ~Psalm 90:12~

I had trouble keeping my nose to the grindstone last week.  I got some things done, but didn't have the diligence to work on everything on the list.
  1. Continue the clean-up and organizing project.  Progress.  A little, anyway. I need to pick up the pace if I really want this stuff done by the time the folks get here!  
  2. Grading and lesson planning. Almost done. Couple things I didn't finish grading by the end of the week.  And now it's time to start a new week!
  3. Baking and meal planning. Done!  I baked bread a couple times - bread with whole wheat and rye flours, and the kids loved it, so their previous complaints about whole wheat breads are now invalid.  Ha!!  Managed to stick to a fairly decent plan for meals during the week too.
  4. Inventory the freezer and pantry. Not done.
  5. Appointments...Partly done. Still need to schedule time with the driving instructor!
  6. Reading...Progress. I did all the reading and studying I'd planned on, except that I haven't finished Hamlet yet.
  7. Blog goals... Done! 
  8. Sewing and mending. Not done.  Must do this!!  <--- That's what I said last week, and I still haven't done it! My bad.
  9. Make weekend plans. Done!  We had a wonderful time in Philadelphia, and relaxed on Sunday.  We had football tickets, which we gave away, and hockey tickets, which we decided we couldn't use.  I wish I could have given them away, but I left it until too late in the week.
  10. This week's errands and to-do list: complete! 
I'm starting to feel the pressure to complete more of these tasks before my parents arrive in about two weeks, so I really hope that will translate into more progress this week!
  1. Clean-up and organize.  It is definitely time to take the window A/C units out for the winter, so that means some serious clean-up in the kids' rooms.  Kennady needs help getting her room in order - it is pretty overwhelming!  So I will help her with that and we will work on the other projects as well.  Like my room.  (Wonder where Kennady gets the 'messy room genes' from? I don't...)
  2. Grading and lesson planning.  It's time to make new assignment lists for Landon and Kennady, and hopefully we'll have a good week of getting schoolwork done AND graded!
  3. Baking and meal planning.  Starting today! DH has requested that I bake a couple loaves of bread for a lunch at his work tomorrow.  Today is Thanksgiving, but instead of turkey dinner, it looks like we'll be having spareribs tonight! Harrison gave me several suggestions for meals he'd like to have soon, so I need to get my week's menus and shopping list planned.
  4. Inventory the freezer and pantry.  Because I still haven't done it, and keeping my shopping list will be easier if I do.  Doesn't have to be elaborate, just has to be done!
  5. Appointments, etc... The driving school is the important phone call to make.  But I realized a couple days ago that I had neglected to renew the kids' passports, so that is definitely on the to-do list this week!  Along with a couple of other less urgent, but still necessary phone calls and appointments to look after.
  6. Reading... Same as usual.
  7. Blog goals... a review, several link-ups, and other things I hope to work on this week.  And do my best to comment.
  8. Sewing and mending. Seriously.  I've got to find a way to get this done!
  9. This week's errands and to-do list includes: co-op planning meeting, church activities, CAP and choir, and other things.  I am also thinking of taking one or two boys to a college fair this evening.
This post is linked up at Real Life: Unscripted.  (New home for Goal Planning Monday!)

1 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

Looks like a busy week. I hope you are making much progress and getting your projects completed. I am not doing as well as I would like, but we all have weeks like that. Unexpected things came up and changed plans, but it has been a Good week. Company coming 2 days were two of those things so I haven't gotten all my goals completed, but my house is cleaner and more organized. God Bless and "see you" on Monday.

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.