Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Boxing Day!!!

(Boxing Day is December 26th, and is a holiday in Canada and in Great Britain.  For many Canadians, it's a day to hit the stores for the Boxing Day sales - clearance sales on Christmas stuff and a huge shopping day.  Think Black Friday and you've got the general idea!   )


 


I'm not planning to do any shopping the sales today, but I do need to go to the grocery for more milk etc.  I haven't blogged much at all lately, as I've just been busy with other things - vacation earlier this month, and then Christmas preparations.  We have family visiting this week so I don't expect that I'll get back to my normal routines until several days into January.  I did want to share this prayer that was included in our Christmas Eve service at church.  I rather liked the wording, and am glad to say that this prayer was answered in our home this year.


 



"Loving Father, help us remember the birth of Jesus that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and the worship of the wise men.  Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world.  Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting.  Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings, and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.


May this Christmas morning make us happy to be your children, and the Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake.


Amen"


~~Robert Louis Stevenson~~


2 comments:

DanielleW said...

Great quote from RLS.


Happy Boxing day.

CrossView said...

Like Black Friday? I'd stay home then! =/ LOL!


Beautiful excerpt! =D

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.