Monday, February 18, 2013

Goal Planning Monday: February 18, 2013





Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. ~Psalm 90:12~

Just like last week, I managed to leave some of these things to the last minute, but I did get most of them done.
  1. Clean the fridge. Done, but perhaps not well.  ;-)  I cleaned out the things that were moving out of the food category and into the science experiment category and all of that.  So it looks a lot nicer.  But I didn't completely clear out and wash the shelves and drawers.  And I noticed last night that the one drawer must have had something spill in it.  Ick. Bottom line is that the job is done, but I wish I'd done a better job!
  2. Prep pictures, music, and biography for grad. Done!  We still have a bit of time before the first of the bios is needed, so we still have to work that up.
  3. Grading, schoolwork, and co-op. Progress.  I wanted to get completely caught up with grading, but that didn't happen.  And we didn't do quite as much schoolwork as I'd hoped, but it was a respectable amount, I guess.
  4. Declutter challenges. Progress.  I'm mostly caught up with this, but a few things are still left undone.  This is one area where I'll take any progress as an improvement though!
  5. Baking and meal planning. Done.  To be honest, it came as a surprise to me just now that I could say I'd done this!  I baked bread, did a little bit of other baking (with help from Kennady), and had a workable -albeit very simple - plan for mealtimes. Huh.  Will wonders never cease?!
  6. Blog goals... Partly done. I am struggling to find time lately.  I did a combined Think Back Thursday/Blogging Through the Alphabet post last week, and I think I will do that again this week as a time-saver.  I need to find a rhythm though, because in just a short week or two the Schoolhouse Review Crew posts will need to be inserted into my bloggy schedule.  Such as it is.
  7. Personal study and reading. Progress. But I'm not gonna lie - I just finished up a chapter test in the tax prep course YESTERDAY.  And my plan of working on it Monday and Thursday evenings?  Didn't happen.  But the unvarnished truth is that I knew I'd have to post here whether I finished that chapter or not, so I made myself do it.  Accountability - even to only the few that read these GPM posts - is a powerful motivator!
  8. Reorganize in basement. Not done. At least I didn't do anything down there, and as far as I know, DH didn't either.  
  9. This week's errands and to-do list: complete. 
And so begins another week:
  1. Plan a 1930's Family Game Night. I'm putting it first, because we want to do it this week and I should probably block out the night right away.  Unfortunately it looks like Saturday is the first possible opportunity! This is something we're doing for school, by the way.  Our history lessons right now are focusing on the 30s, and this was a family activity suggested in the text.
  2. Grading, schoolwork, and co-op.  Another easy week at co-op, so I hope I can better translate that into a better showing as far as school done at home, and grading being up to date.
  3. Declutter challenges. I can count myself as pretty much caught up on the past challenges, and on this week's challenge list it's basically my junk drawer and coupons that need to be cleared out.  And I will have to work on my desk too.  It's a mess.
  4. Baking and meal planning. Thursdays are about to get even more rushed, for at least the month of March because I will be coming home late from co-op and then going to worship team practice after dinner.  It sounds like the men of the household will be doing meals on Thursdays, or at least checking on the crockpot for me if I choose to go that route.  
  5. Blog goals... hoping to have a productive week on this front, and have my upcoming reviews partly written so I can spread that work out a bit.
  6. Personal study and reading. I should be able to work on my course on Thursday evening this week, but not tonight.  
  7. Reorganize in the basement. The next step down there may well be painting.  Which means that I not only have to choose a color and the right type of paint, but I have to make sure we can afford that this month.  But there's definitely cleaning and decluttering that can be happening without new paint.
  8. This week's errands and to-do list includes: meetings, co-op, CAP and choir, a bunch of phone calls and appointments.  One new thing is that I will go on Saturday to pick up a food order from a food ministry that we are trying for the first time.
This post is linked up at Mama Manuscripts.

2 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

1930's game night??? I am intrigued! I hope you blog about this. I love game nights.

Knowing someone is reading your goals is a great motivator. I wish it was a big enough motivator for me that each week I got most or all of my goals accomplished.

Loved your combined Think Back Thursday/Blogging Through the Alphabet post from last week. I am just grateful that anyone is still participating. Finding a rhythm in blogging is important. I am trying to make my blog more appealing. It seems I have no readers/commenters. I am trying to add posts that are just for information and not a meme as well as some favorite memes that I used to do. My blog has been so lame lately and sometimes I wonder if anyone would care if I just quit. It can get discouraging. I hope you figure out how to get the things done you need to do.

I hope you get to work on your course tonight. I hope you are having a great week and achieving all your goals. God bless.

Kym said...

Thanks for being so faithful to come and comment, Debbie! I am SO not good at remembering to comment on everyone's GPM posts. So far my week is not going much like I'd planned - half the household has been sick. :-(

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.