Wednesday, June 26, 2013

O is for... On My List

I've done this Blogging Through the Alphabet thing before, and there are a couple of letters that present an extra challenge. O is one of them. I saw my three boys off to Creation early this morning, so I'm now making a list of a few things I hope to get done while they are away and I have fewer people here competing for my attention and my spot at the computer desk.

On My List:
  1. Lesson Planning for the upcoming school year - I have had most of the curriculum chosen for awhile, and I have a pretty good idea of where we'll go with it, and a general notion of the time frame. During the next couple of days, I'll try to get a majority of that information plugged into the Homeschool Tracker and nail it down a bit more.
  2. Spend time with Kennady - one thing she has wanted to do lately is watch the movie version of Pride and Prejudice with me, so I am planning on making that happen this week. Maybe even tonight. I'm looking forward to other one-on-one time with her too, without interruptions or having to accomodate the boys' schedules.
  3. Get caught up on some decluttering and housework - I have a pretty big stack of stuff that needs to go to Purple Heart or somebody, and I have piles of stuff on and around my desk that need to be dealt with. 
  4. Tidy up the email files and other messes on the computer - just like my desk, our email files and document files and the like are cluttered. I was thinking I would designate a a time slot once a week to purge and organize emails, bookmarks, documents, etc to keep it under control. Starting this week.
  5. Set up a new daily routine for the summer - because if I don't, I will wind up sitting at the computer until lunchtime every day and still nothing will get done! LOL Sure, it's nice to take a break from the usual school schedule and just be lazy for a bit, but there's a limit. Even though the daily routine will have to change or, at the very least, be tweaked once full-time school starts again, we can start establishing some of those habits now.

Another thing I have been thinking about that contributed to this post is the need for something of a blogging schedule. I have been posting less since we finished school, and that's fine with me, but having a loose schedule of what kinds of posts I'll do on certain days works for me, and it's time to figure that out again. Ironically, a fellow Crew blogger is starting a new link-up called "5 Weekly Goals" so this post is going to be linked at Amanda's blog, Our Heart and Home. Will I keep up with posting weekly goals? At this point, it's hard to say. I've done it before with a different link-up, but I think this one looks slightly different and worth a try. At any rate, check back early next week, and I'll do my best to remember to update on these five goals anyway!

This post is linked at: Our Hearts and Home: 5 Weekly Goals
Photobucket

Please visit Ben and Me: O is for Organic to join in and to see what thoughts this week's letter has prompted for other bloggers.
Blogging Through the Alphabet

©2006-2013 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for linking up! I hope this helps to keep you productive through the lazy summer months as it has me. Hope to see you link up tomorrow.

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.