Saturday, May 31, 2014

Homeschool Mother's Journal: Shortened Week Edition

In our homeschool... we had a very relaxed week, since we only had a couple subjects to cover! We did a little work in Social Studies - a general review of US and Canadian history - and both kids worked a bit on Science. Landon wrote his final exam for Economics on Tuesday (I think!), so Science is all he has left to finish up now. Kennady is working on a literature study of The Hobbit and is really enjoying it.

And as for me, I'm working on getting all that grading caught up so I can make up final report cards!

In other news... we had friends over on Sunday evening for a cookout and bonfire. On Monday morning, Landon marched with Civil Air Patrol in the Memorial Day Parade.
Later on Monday, we had friends over for another cookout. The weather was great and the house was clean, so it was the perfect opportunity!

We watched hockey, of course, but were very disappointed (well, the hubster and I were, even if the boys were not) that the Canadiens lost their series.

The rest of the week was pretty relaxed, with only one softball game. But it was also grad week for our homeschool group, and because I'm on the grad planning committee, I got to attend the rehearsal on Tuesday and the commencement exercises on Friday. It was a great honor to be a part of it, as usual!

One of my favorite things this week... probably the commencement. Some of the grads I've known since they were little grade-schoolers, so it's pretty special to see them finish school and prepare to move on. Of course, it also makes me feel a little old sometimes!

I recommend... finding - or being - a homeschool mentor. I read a great article at the Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network blog about how to find a mentor, and why every homeschool mom should have one.
Finding A Mentor
On my blog this week...


On the bookshelf...

  • Voyager - Diana Gabaldon
  • Sabrina's Man - Gilbert Morris
  • Meet the Skeptic - Bill Foster
A parting shot... This shot didn't come out as clear as I would have liked, but I think you can still tell that it's a goldfinch. This spring is the first time I've "caught" goldfinches visiting the feeders and birdbath just outside my window.


SoYouCallYourselfaHomeschooler.com

   For the Display of His Splendor
This post is linked at Managing Your Blessings, at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers,  and at For the Display of His Splendor -  see how other homeschoolers spent this shortened week.

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.