What a beautiful afternoon for one of our weekly Chats on the Farmhouse Porch hosted by Everyday Ruralty! We had some rain last night but today it's been gorgeous - the humidity is a bit less too.
This week's questions:
- What do you think you would have liked most from my menu? (To see the menu, go to Everyday Ruralty, Chat 145)
- Have you ever had an interesting experience with serving dinner guests?
- What's your favorite beverage this summer?
- Do you ever have bouquets of fresh flowers in your home?
- Tell me something interesting. Please.
- Dessert, specifically the zucchini cupcakes! And also the oven roasted sweet potatoes.
- Things don't always turn out quite as planned when we have company. I can think of several times when a dish didn't turn out right and I just had to make the best of it. Or a couple of times when we were grilling and ran out of propane before the meat was done. Once we realized it early enough so that we could get the charcoal grill ready to go, and the other time I just had to put our shish kebabs (I think that's what it was) under the oven broiler instead of cooking them on the grill.
- I always love ice water and sweet tea, but this summer my favorite treat is San Pellegrino Italian sparkling water.
- I do have fresh flowers in the summer - usually the bouquets made by my daughter. And those are my favorite kind anyway. :-)
- Something interesting... hmmm... I don't know a thing about World Cup soccer, nor do I really care, but I think I'm currently winning our family's World Cup pool! Talk about dumb luck! LOL
|A typical bouquet of fresh flowers at my house.|
Please leave a comment and tell me about an interesting experience you've had serving guests, or what summer beverage is your favorite. Or just tell me something interesting! Visit Chat 145 at Everyday Ruralty to join in!
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!
©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/