- Units 1-10 cover parts of speech, parts of the sentence, and basic sentence diagraming.
- Units 11-17 discuss phrases and clauses, and complete the study of grammar.
- Units 18-34 detail the rules of punctuation and usage.
- systematic, logical, no-nonsense approach to teaching
- one day's lesson time in going over Unit Notes or working on an Exercise averages 30 minutes or less.
- I love that the Teacher Book is an exact copy of the Student Book, except that it includes the answers and additional notes. The teacher's notes are on extra pages at the beginning of each section, and the answers to all the Exercises and Tests are on pages that look the same. This may seem like a small thing, but any parent who has wasted time flipping forward and backward in an answer key trying to figure out which answers belong to which student page, or tried to decipher the answers to a test without being able to see the questions, this presentation makes so much more sense!
- if you plan to complete the course over a two- or three-year period, you will also need to purchase the Reinforcement and Review Book.
- if you have more than one student, they will each need their own Student Book. It is a consumable product, and you may not reproduce pages.
Visit the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog for more information and to read other reviews. Crew members also reviewed Junior Analytical Grammar, so be sure to check those out as well!
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!
©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/