This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Homeschool Coffee Break helps fuel this blog and our homeschool - thank you!
This week's list is one that could easily be overwhelming. We've been asked to share our "to-do" list for August at 52 Lists at Chasing Slow. My to-do list always has tons of stuff on it, and a lot of the time I feel like I'm barely keeping up. My August to-do list has all the usual maintenance mode things on it (which I won't list here) but it also has some fun things and some important seasonal things. Way back at the beginning of this year I made a Birthday Bucket List of fun things I wanted to try to do during the year. I just updated that post with my progress, and a few of those items are on my August to-do list too. Here goes:
- Family Vacation! The "Summer of Landon" to be exact. Later this month we're going on a trip that will include visiting our oldest son, a fun day at Cedar Point, and at least three major league baseball games. (If you're curious, here's an explanation of The Summer of Landon) So before we go, the to-do list includes making some reservations and nailing down some details.
- Clean and organize my desk and homeschool stuff. Because y'know. School starts in a month or less.
- And get the lesson plans ready to roll for September 1st!
- Read books. I have at least one that I must review soon, and there are always books on my to-read list!
- Some organizing projects around the house. We moved around some bookshelves and other things in the family room and that is waiting on me to put all the stuff in some kind of order, which I'd really like to make some progress on before vacation. Also I should probably get started on cleaning out my closet. It's a disaster.
- Get all my blog posts written for the 5 Days of Homeschooling 101 blog hop next week!
- Acquire some new luggage. Ideally we'll be able to do this before vacation! It's been on the to-do list for a long time, but we tend to not think about it until we're actually packing to go somewhere and it's too late. A couple days ago I found some nice luggage sets on sale so the hubster and I need to make a decision and get it done.
I think the way to "solve" the problem of procrastination is to let delight pull you instead of making a to-do list push you. ~Paul Graham
What's on your to-do list for this month? I hope there are things you'll delight in doing included! Leave a comment and let me know, and visit Chasing Slow to see other lists.
©2006-2016 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/