This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Homeschool Coffee Break helps fuel this blog and our homeschool - thank you!
It's time for another 52 Lists assignment - listing what we do when we are sick. See details and more lists at 52 Lists at Beauty Full Slow.
When I'm sick:
- I just want to sleep. Leave me alone so I can sleep.
- A hot bubble bath helps soothe aches and pains and helps me relax. (So I can sleep!)
- I'll eat whatever actually appeals to me, without any consideration of how healthy it is. When I'm feeling sick, I have very little appetite, so when I do get hungry I figure I can eat whatever I'm hungry for and never mind the calories. It's all about comfort food.
- I hope that everyone else can fend for themselves when it comes to their meals and their schoolwork and stuff. I'll do what I have to, but everyone here is perfectly capable of making their own food.
When someone else in the family is sick:
- I try to leave them alone so they can sleep!
- I try to keep them supplied with whatever beverage or food they would like.
- If my kids are feeling really lousy, I let them take a day off from homeschooling.
We prefer to give time and rest and some natural remedies a chance before heading to the medicine cabinet or the doctor. For example, hot tea with honey for sore throats and coughs, and if that doesn't do the trick, it's time to get out the Buckley's Mixture!
And of course, we pray for healing. Thankfully, we are pretty healthy overall, so our sick days tend to be the kind where we are just a bit under the weather, which can easily be resolved by extra rest and we're back to normal after a couple of days.
There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you ever were in before. ~Henry David Thoreau
What do you do on sick days in your homeschool? Leave a comment and let me know, and visit Beauty Full Slow to see more lists about what others do when they're not feeling well.
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!
©2006-2016 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/