Friday, July 18, 2008

Show & Tell {Niagara Falls}

I got started during the week with sharing the pictures of our day in Niagara Falls, but didn't finish.  Therefore, it has become my Show & Tell entry for this week!  For more Show & Tell fun, visit CanadaGirl.


 


The first thing we did when we got into the town was to stop at a "souvenir mall" where there was a glass-blowing studio.  We thought it would be fun to watch the artisans at work for a bit, and it really was interesting but I didn't take any pictures.  There were a couple "photo op" places there, and Kennady wants her pictures taken every chance she gets, so I complied with some of her requests:




This is what I got when I asked Landon to pose at the same place:



Other "characters" that Kennady met included this RCMP officer



the Pink Panther



and - how thrilling - Hannah Montana!



 


We chose to park at the lot quite far from the falls and downtown and take the shuttle in.  We got off the shuttle at the Floral Showhouse (link takes you to my pictures) and looked around at the greenhouses, and then continued on to the main attraction - the Horseshoe Falls.  This was one of the first views we had:



 



I kept thinking about those cartoons - like in The Lion King - where the characters are floating down a river saying "I wonder what that roaring noise is?"  LOL


 As we got closer, we could see the famous rainbows.  Now I'll keep quiet and just post pictures of the Falls...



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 


That's the Maid of the Mist boat tour above.  In this next picture, you can see the little knot of people in raincoats - that is the Journey under the Falls tour that we wanted to do but the timing didn't work out.  DH and I went down there years and years ago (as in - when we were dating!!) and it was awe-inspiring.  The power and beauty of waterfalls is breath-taking, and to think that God planned it and created it for our enjoyment, and I believe He was also planning ahead to provide hydro-electricity!  Amazing!



We went into the shopping district to have our dinner and then came back to the Falls in the evening for the fireworks show.  From where we sat down to watch the fireworks, this was our view until it got dark:



 


The Parks light up the falls at night, with colored lights, which is nice enough, but it doesn't begin to compare with the rainbows and sunsets that God creates!  Thanks for coming by!

16 comments:

short said...

One day I would love to visit the Niagara Falls and do that tour that you never got to do on this trip. Water is just my favourite!!!

sonoranstamper said...

Wow! I haven't been to the falls since I was little. Not sure now when we'll get back. (We live in Az now!)


These are amazing pics!! It sounds like you had an incredible time!!


Lots of good memories for the kidlets!!


Thanks for sharing,

Robyn

Flemj17 said...

We're thinking about planning a trip sometime in the near future. This just makes me want to go even more-it's so gorgeous-I can't wait to see it.


Beth

Prncsstefy said...

Beautiful photos! I hope to take the girls there one day. It's been about 22 years since I was there. Man am I old. LOL

billberna said...

Thanks for posting all those beautiful photos of the falls. It really brought back memories for me. I haven't been there since I was about 14 years old (uh- over 30 years ago). Some things look the same! I'd like to go back with my kids some day. I enjoy your posts! Blessing, Violin Mom in Florida See my blog at http://violinkids.blogspot.com .

CelticMom said...

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all! You brought back some great memories for me; hubby and I first visited the falls in our fourth month of marriage, and then took the boys back there.... oh geez, it must have been 6 or 7 years ago now. (sigh) Where does the time go??


Thanks for the trip down memory lane, and for sharing your fun trip with us! Have a great weekend, Kym!!


~Shani

Canadagirl said...

Those were AMAZING pics !!! That is cool that we both had pics of waterfalls on the oposite side of the continent. [0;


And the pics of the kids were GREAT.


Someday I hope to see the Niagara Falls.


Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

In Him<><

mamakaren said...

Very neat! My DH an I visited Niagra Falls years ago and fond memories come to mind while viewing your awesome photos.

Hugs, Mama Karen

blessedwith2angels said...

I would love to visit Niagara Falls. Those photos are amazing. I love the way your daughter likes to get her picture made. My dd doesn't like to at all!

Blessings,

Pam

AshW said...

I would like to visit Niagara Falls too. We could count is as a field trip!

Ash

Anonymous said...

Kym


Those are great photos.. love the rainbows! Looks like you had a great time


Joanne

ThreeLittleLadies said...

I've never been to Niagara Falls, or Canada, for that matter. It looks like an awesome experience. My 4 yo dd kept asking about Kannady - who she was, how old she was... She always keys in on little girls and makes friends with all the little girls wherever we go.


Carol

Sandpiper said...

Great pictures! I've been to Niagara Falls and it is spectacular!

Also, I added a second part to my S&T post.

kimalita said...

Beautiful! I love Niagra! Wonderful pics.........


I've been away for a few weeks and am trying to catch up with what you all have been up to. It's good to read what's been happening at your house.


Blessings!!

Lilyofthevalley4 said...

Beautiful pics and i can say I have been there a number of times. :) It is so beautiful there.


Just a note I tagged you, just check out my blog. :)

jenn4him said...

I have never been, but am hoping to go one day. We just watched a History Channel DVD about the falls. It is awesome. But your photos were fantastic too.

Jenn

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.