Monday, April 18, 2011

Kids Say...

Preschoolers say the funniest things, and I really wish I'd written down more of the gems my kids came up with when they were little.  I remember a lot of them, but I'm sure I've forgotten almost as many.  Even now, Landon and Kennady will say things that just crack me up.  The past couple of days they seemed to be at the top of their game, which reminded me that I should share some of these latest remarks, and maybe a few from the past as well.

This past week during Science studies, we were talking about chemical solutions, and how they can be either diluted or concentrated.  When discussing concentrated solutions, Kennady had the following lightbulb moment:
Is that what it means when the orange juice says it's "from concentrate"?  I thought it said it was "from concrete."

and in response to the question, "does a concentrated solution have relatively large or small amounts of solute compared to the amount of solvent?", Landon gave me this thought-provoking answer:
A large number.  Which is also the solo that the fat lady sings.

Hmmmm...

From a few weeks ago, when we were making soft pretzels:
Kennady:  Can I eat the extra salt?  Mmmm..... it tastes.... salty.... (she has a stunning grasp of the obvious)

Also not too long ago, driving home in the snow:
Landon:  y'know what it looks like when we're driving in the snow?  Like on Star Trek when they go into hyperspace.

Some blasts from the past:
Dad, while on the way home from church:  So Landon, what was your Sunday School lesson about today?Landon (about 6yo), in an exasperated tone:  God.  Again.



Kennady (about 3yo): When I grow up, I want to be a fire hydrant...

Mom:  do you mean a fire fighter??

Kennady:  oh.  yeah.  either that or a cowboy-girl.



Believe me, there are TONS more.  But I won't bore you with any more.  This time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.