Saturday, April 23, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal - April 23

In my life this week... I laughed a lot, often at the funny things my kids said. (See my blog entry "Kids Say...") I sang a lot - choir practice, and practice for the special music for Easter and Good Friday.

In our homeschool this week... things went about as well as can be expected. We finished another section of the Science book, so just one left! I tried to talk the kids into participating in the Science Fair, and I think Kennady might be willing. We'll have to decide soon though!

Places we're going and people we're seeing... I did my errand runs on my own this week, and was at the Post Office, library, grocery store, bank, and tractor supply place more often than was strictly necessary, in most cases. This week also involved a couple of "extra" visits to the church - for practice on Thursday evening, and for the Good Friday service yesterday. Despite softball being scheduled for three nights this week, we haven't played a single game.  Rained out, every time.

My favorite thing this week was... fettucine alfredo. Mmmmmm.....

What's working/not working for us... the schedule. Both. It's working sometimes, not working other times. Oddly, I find it works better when I make a point of sticking to it. Funny thing about that. LOL But I think it will need some tweaking for the final push through the school year, as we're finished with co-op classes, and almost ready to wrap up some subjects. And so far, the idea of having each kid take a turn planning and preparing dinner once a week has worked. It's only the first week, but it went very well!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have... Looking for reviews or opinions on ARTistic Pursuits art program, I'm probably going to get the Senior High School Book One for next year.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...



From my "Waterlogged Photo Journal"

1 comments:

Jessy said...

Awesome photo!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.