Thursday, November 10, 2011

Reading Aloud Challenge - November 10th

I thought last week was bad.  My word.  Last week we were just busy and distracted, and I decided that we could set some subjects aside as long as math and language arts were moving along.  Well... on the weekend, I found myself without a voice.  One of the few times I've had laryngitis without having had a bad chest cold or something like that.  So I've had a very sketchy voice so far this week, which meant that reading aloud wasn't even possible some days.  We were so near the end of The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde that we finished that up though.



My voice seems to be okay today, so we will try to get through the music lessons for the week today and tomorrow, and if I think I can do it, we'll get back to some science and social studies as well.

By the way, gargling with a mixture of warm water, apple cider vinegar, and honey actually does help with laryngitis.  In case you ever wonder.

This post is linked to the Reading Aloud Challenge hosted by Footprints in the Butter.

2 comments:

Briana said...

I hope you feel better soon! Or, have a voice again soon.

» Homeschool Mother’s Journal: In Which Things are Quieter than Usual Homeschool Coffee Break said...

[...] my reading aloud or talking much was set aside.  I was able to talk again by Thursday, so we finished reading Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and did a bit of the composers study – this week was Mozart - but [...]

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.