Sunday, June 24, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal: In Which We Have Free Time

I knew it wouldn't last.  My getting the HMJ done on Friday every week, I mean.  I posted things in a little different order this week, since I did my Blog Cruise entry on Friday, and here it is Sunday evening before I post the HMJ.  Oh well!

In our homeschool... we had the laziest week ever! Just worked a little with some of the things we have to review right now, and one of them just arrived on Thursday.  I will need to come up with some kind of a summer school schedule so we don't get so relaxed that we don't do anything at all.  I am starting to work on lesson planning for next year.

In other news...  with all the laziness going on around here, not much else went on! The kids slept late every day and I really didn't care that much because I figured we all needed a bit of a break and we had NOTHING on the calendar.  Except my Bible study group on Thursday morning.  It was actually very nice to have blank blocks on the calendar! On Saturday morning we had worship team practice, and the kids helped at the church spreading mulch.  They worked hard, and in the afternoon Kennady and I worked on cleaning up her room, so DH took her and Landon mini-golfing in the evening as a reward.  Harrison and Spencer are getting ready to head to Creation next week.



Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share... take a break! Our break this week wasn't completely planned - it just worked out this way - but we definitely take breaks!  I can't help but worry about families that don't seem to let up on the study and activity schedule.

Questions/thoughts I have... I'm wondering how we'll decide to celebrate Kennady's birthday, and wondering how eleven years could have come and gone since she was born!

One of my favorite things this week... making progress on getting our refinance done.  I'll be glad when it's over!

A photo/video/quote or link to share... I wish I could have captured the colors of the sunsets better this week.  I'd need a fancier camera and a lot more skill to do so.

On the bookshelf...

  • Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider
  • Have a New Teenager by Friday by Dr Kevin Leman
  • Brightest Heaven of Invention by Peter J Leithart
  • The King's Mistress by Emma Campion
  • Saraband for Two Sisters by Philippa Carr
Finished The Witch from the Sea by Philippa Carr and The Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carie.

A parting shot...


This post is linked to iHomeschool Network - see how other homeschoolers are spending their free time this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.