Monday, July 30, 2012

Goal Planning Monday: July 30, 2012






It was way too tempting to take things easy last week, since the schedule wasn't too busy.  In fact, I was downright lazy for more of the week than I'd like to admit.  And by the end of the week, I was totally distracted by watching Olympics coverage!
  1. Clean up my desk - and some other things. Progress... in that I did clean and organize a little more, but as I look at it now, there are a couple of little stacks of schoolbooks there and some mail so it sure looks like I didn't do anything! LOL  Guess I'd better tidy that and deal with the mail promptly.
  2. Baking and meal planning.  Done.  Although the meal I planned to deliver was postponed to today.   
  3. Decluttering... Progress.  Sort of like #1....  
  4. Get the old school year "put away" and the new school year books organized on the shelf. Progress.  The schoolwork I'm archiving from the past year is boxed up and labelled, ready to go out to the garage.  The rest of the books are still piled rather precariously on the shelf until I decide what to store, what to keep on the shelf, and what to get rid of entirely. 
  5. Reading... Progress, sort of.  I have not yet started on Shakespeare's Hemlet, as I'd planned.  And I was going to start some more serious books, but I didn't get too far with that. I did pick up the book I was reading for Sunday School again, and I am almost finished one of the novels I was working on.  
  6. Blog goals... Done! All but one of my Blog Hop posts are ready, although I will tweak a little before publishing each one.
  7. School... Done, mostly.  I got to most of the things I wanted to last week, with the exception of the Olympic unit study.  That was neglected, I'm sad to say. 
  8. Vacation planning.  Done. At least the part I needed to do last week, which was to confirm my reservations for the days we'll be on PEI, and start planning for whale-watching and the Bay of Fundy.  DH informed me that he has already chosen which whale-watching tour we'll do so that decision was made for me! Yay!  We do still need a motel for one more night, which I hope to look after this week.
  9. This week's errands and to-do list: Complete.  
This week will be busy, and will stretch my meager time management skills quite a bit!
  1. Clean up my desk, etc.  There is light at the end of that particular tunnel, so I need to keep at it, and I have the added motivation of needing to keep the workspace clear for school.
  2. Baking and meal planning. The meal for delivery to a church family has been rescheduled to today.  I already have a meal planned for tomorrow (I think), and I don't intend to cook on Wednesday, as it's our anniversary and we will go out for dinner.  I will let the kids fend for themselves that evening.  
  3. Paint the stairwell. This is one of those projects that we've had ready to go for simply ages, but haven't done yet.  Yesterday DH and I decided that this is the week it will finally happen!
  4. Finish reorganizing the school shelf.  Sort the rest of the books on the shelf and decide what needs to be there for this year.  And unload as much stuff as possible!
  5. Reading... I really want to get to Hamlet this week.  Other than that, reading is taking a bit of a backseat to watching TV because of the Olympics!
  6. Blog goals... keep those Blog Hop posts ready to go each day, plus the other things I usually post.  And catch up on reading blogs and commenting! I've been run ragged lately and haven't done much commenting, even though I keep up pretty well with reading!
  7. School... keep to the schedule this week, and make sure we treat the review products as top priority because we have several on the go right now.
  8. Getting Harrison ready for his missions trip. This is obviously his responsibility far more than mine, but I think he'll still call on me for help in getting all his stuff together and packed on time.
  9. This week's errands and to-do list includes: shopping, getting new tires, banking, a lunch meeting, Bible study, eye doctor appointments, and several phone calls.

This post is linked up at Real Life: Unscripted.  (New home for Goal Planning Monday!)

1 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

You may feel like you were lazy but you got most of your goals done and the others partly done. I think you did a great job!!

I hope you are making good progress on your goals this week. I have not had time to read all your homeschool blog hop posts but I want to. I like seeing what others are planning, using and doing in their homeschool. I too am busy watching the Olympics, between teaching my son, checking on Facebook and blogging. :-)

Gotta go. Phelps and Lochte are racing in the pool!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.