Monday, October 1, 2012

Goal Planning Monday: October 1, 2012






Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. ~Psalm 90:12~

This was not a very good week.  In my defense, I did things that weren't really on the list, and I was pretty sick and non-energetic at the end of the week.
  1. Clean up the desk (and the dresser, and the closet...)  Progress in some areas, but not on the desk!  While I didn't do a whole lot to improve the condition of the desk, I did tackle the bathrooms and the kitchen and got some purging and reorganizing done in those areas.
  2. Grading and lesson planning. Progress.  I made some progress in catching up, and then got sick towards the end of the week and lost ground again.
  3. Baking and meal planning. Done.  Baked bread and sticky buns.  Stuck to the meal plan except for the day I was most sick, and it turned out that it didn't matter much because DH wasn't home for dinner.
  4. Inventory the freezer and pantry.  Not done.  But I did get back to keeping a shopping list posted and adding to it when I noticed something was running low, instead of trying to pull together a shopping list right before running to the store.  Or worse - trying to remember while at the store what I needed.
  5. Appointments... Done, except for... the driving instructor.  That's the one thing I didn't get booked yet.  
  6. Reading... Done.
  7. Blog goals... Done, mostly.  I only got one of the sets of vacation pictures up, but did get the other things done.
  8. Sewing and mending. Not done. Still. Not. Done. *sigh*
  9. This week's errands and to-do list: complete although we decided our trip to Philadelphia should be put off for a week.
For this week:
  1. Continue the clean-up and organizing project.  The desk and dresser, and some parts of the kitchen and family room need attention between now and when my folks arrive.
  2. Grading and lesson planning. Get caught up from my sick days and then stay on top of this!  Look for resources for the co-op class.
  3. Baking and meal planning.  I'm planning to bake bread today and I already have a couple of meals planned.  I need to plan ahead for Canadian Thanksgiving (a week from today!) and for the big boys' birthdays too.
  4. Inventory the freezer and pantry. Since I didn't do it last week, I guess I'd better try to get it done this week.
  5. Appointments... Driving instructor and an appointment for another vehicle repair are the two big ones.  I should do both of those calls today and get them out of the way.
  6. Reading... Ideally, I'd like to finish Hamlet this week, but I have other things I want to read too!  Plus I need to give my primary attention to the Tax Training course.
  7. Blog goals... another review this week, working ahead on several reviews for future, and a number of other posts that I want to get done.  And do more commenting this week, as I've been slacking in that area lately.
  8. Sewing and mending.  Must do this!!
  9. Make weekend plans.  We've got the tickets purchased for the Franklin Institute on Saturday, but we need to plan out a couple other things for the Philadelphia trip.  And we may be able to go to a Hershey Bears game on Sunday, if I can work it out.
  10. This week's errands and to-do list includes: yearbook pictures, gym class, CAP, a grad planning meeting (instead of choir, in my case), and church activities.  Also the usual library and shopping trips as they become necessary.
This post is linked up at Real Life: Unscripted.  (New home for Goal Planning Monday!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.