Monday, April 15, 2013

Goal Planning Monday: April 15, 2013



Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. ~Psalm 90:12~

I took a partial break from blogging last week, and we took a bit of a spring break too. This was my to-do list from two weeks ago, when I was preparing for the break.
  1. Grading and schoolwork. Done. I made the third quarter grading as easy on myself as possible, and we did some schoolwork during the last two weeks, but essentially this was our spring break.
  2. Clean up for company. Mostly done. I didn't get everything on the list done (it WAS a pretty ambitious list!) but the most important things were done, and I was able to relax while my company was here.
  3. Baking and meal planning. Done. And not always by me either! LOL
  4. Blog goals...Done. I scaled back a lot on my blogging the past two weeks and now I need to get back to my routine. The only thing I wasn't able to do was get my Supercharged Science review posted before the weekend as I would have liked. I had to take the weekend to polish it up and add some things.
  5. Taxes and other bookkeeping concerns. Mostly done. Taxes did get filed, but my bookkeeping still leaves plenty to be desired.
  6. Phone calls and errands... Mostly done. Or maybe all of those things got done, and I added new things to the list - I'm not sure. 
  7. Make a list of the most important things to do with my family while they are here. Done. Play games - check. Visit the quilting store and the pretzel factory store - check. Go out for coffee - check. Relax and visit - check. Let the kids spend time with grandparents - check.
  8. This week's errands and to-do list: complete.
Starting today, we are trying to go back to our full schedule of schoolwork. My company has gone home, so we'll have the house somewhat to ourselves again. We are finished co-op classes, but Kennady starts softball games.
  1. Grading and schoolwork. Now that we're in the home stretch, it's especially important that I stay on top of Spencer's grading and make sure he's finished everything on time for graduation. We're back to a full schedule of school after our break, so I'll be trying to get us back into that kind of routine and really get stuff done!
  2. Declutter challenges. I have some catching up to do here! I put these tasks aside while focusing more on preparing for company and then actually enjoying my company. I'm not even sure what I need to do at this point, but we are in the middle of redoing our family room and my desk is a huge mess so those are two areas I should probably work on.
  3. Baking and meal planning. Oh sure, now that co-op is finished, that should make meals easier; but, softball games are beginning, so that's two nights a week where we will need to eat very early or on the run. I suspect that hot dogs at the game might be our option. Guess it's also a very good thing that it's grilling weather now!
  4. Blog goals... getting back to a routine with blogging - working on reviews and other things.
  5. Tax prep course. Now that taxes have actually been filed, I can work on the course and hopefully get through it quickly!
  6. Personal reading... I didn't do much reading the last couple weeks, being busy with so many other things. I have several books that I want to read, so I need to finish up the ones I've been working on so I can move on to something new.
  7. This week's errands and to-do list includes: some phone calls I still need to make, softball games, church activities, choir and CAP, and some errands and shopping.
This post is linked up at Mama Manuscripts.

©2006-2013 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.