Saturday, May 18, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal: Super Short Edition

Not much school this week, no good pictures to share, and I've got a couple of boys breathing down my neck because they want to use the computer, so I'm keeping this short!

In our homeschool... we really didn't do much school this week, to be honest. We're mostly tying up loose ends, and I had several days on which I was out running errands or doing portfolio reviews so we just took it easy.

In other news... I was at CHAP on the weekend, and although I didn't buy very much (I didn't need to!), I had a good time and enjoyed a couple of good seminars. Sunday was Mother's Day, but we waited to go out for dinner until Friday evening. Kennady played softball on Monday night, and since her game on Wednesday was cancelled, she got to attend youth group activities at church for the first time!


Helpful homeschooling tips/advice to share... Network! This can save you the trouble of reinventing the wheel sometimes. At the CAP Open House last week, I realized that there were many more homeschoolers than I'd realized in our squadron. I managed to meet a couple of the moms, and sure enough, one of them had already written up a course description and title in order to give her student credit on their transcript for all the hard work put in at CAP. And she was very willing to share it with me and a couple of my friends. Yay!

One of my favorite things this week... just knowing that we're so close to being finished with school!

A photo/video/quote or link to share...

On the bookshelf...
  • The Map Across Time by C.S. Lakin
  • The Spirit Well by Stephen R Lawhead
  • Sticky Faith by Dr Kara E Powell and Chap Clark Ph.D.
  • Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris
Finished Patrick: Son of Ireland by Stephen R Lawhead, but haven't written a review for my blog yet.

A parting shot... This is a Mother's Day photo taken at church about five or six years ago.
Photo

This post is linked up at iHomeschoolNetwork - or was going to be... doesn't look like there's an HMJ link there. I'll try later!
undefined


©2006-2013 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.