Random 5 on Friday
- Turns out it's harder to stay on track in school when one kid is working mornings. Who knew? Just one more thing to add to the schedule.
- We had a great time on vacation last week, despite minor colds and sniffles; a twisted ankle (yours truly); and a little bit of car trouble. The weather was great, and we enjoyed swimming, hiking, visiting caves, and eating out. And also deer eating out of our hands. Yes, that happened.
- I provided food for an obscene number of mosquitoes on Wednesday night. The odd thing is that I never noticed, and I think the bites were time-release or something. This is the itchiest I've been all summer.
- I've been doing a little more reading lately, thanks to vacation time. I finished two Georgette Heyer books on vacation, and read a brand new Mary Connealy book as soon as we got home. (You can see what I thought about these books on my book blog, Just A Second.)
- Kennady wanted to make sure the birds and bugs didn't get her tomatoes, so she started picking them. I guess I will need to figure out how to make/can tomato sauce or something!
In addition to linking to the Random 5 on Friday at The Pebble Pond, this post is also linked at For the Display of His Splendor.Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!
©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/