Monday, November 17, 2014

Homeschool Weekly: Middle School Monday Edition - Again

Middle School Monday

Welcome to Middle School Monday!

Once again my weekend got away from me and I never did get my homeschool weekly post done. So here it is, with a slight emphasis on my middle school kid!

In our homeschool... Kennady and Landon were both fighting colds a bit last week, so I tried not to be too rough on them with schoolwork! We spent extra time playing games during the week too, partly because our last review of the year for the Schoolhouse Review Crew was due.

Kennady has been hard at work in Literature and Science. I had more or less left her to manage her own time with her schoolwork (see my Middle School Monday post from last week!) and was pleased to see that she was keeping pretty close to the deadlines for Science. There are a couple of projects that she was going to get started with, but did need my help, or something printed, or whatever. So we will get to those this week... or as soon as I buy printer ink...
Geography and Math took a bit of a back seat last week, but she isn't behind, so I'm not worried. We'll spend a bit more time on those subjects this week.

As for Landon, he did well with Algebra and History last week, and got himself into a pretty good place before the change to his schedule this week, due to his returning to his part-time job starting today. He will be working mornings for a couple of weeks.

In other news... it's starting to feel like winter is just around the corner. We even some brief snow flurries one day, although it's not cold enough for anything to stay on the ground. A couple of things I love about this kind of weather? Fog and frost - both of which I consider beautiful! (Well, fog isn't necessarily as beautiful when one must drive through it...) Sun dogs and spectacular sunrises and sunsets - like this sunset that Kennady photographed for me while we were driving home on Friday evening.
photo credit: Kennady
Kennady seemed to be teetering on the edge of being sick all week - no fever and only the vaguest of symptoms, but still not quite "right". She did go to her music lesson on Tuesday morning, and to gym on Tuesday afternoon, but that seemed to wear her out, so I made her stay home from choir in the evening. We had a few complaints of headache or sore throat, but nothing has really materialized beyond that, so hopefully she has fought off whatever it was.

It's been much too long since I was in the habit of baking bread, but I remedied that last week. I baked bread to take to a women's dinner fellowship at church, and baked more for us to eat at home!

One of my favorite things this week... was the nonsense poem Kennady wrote as a Lit assignment. If I get her permission, I think I will share it next week on Middle School Monday!


I recommend... visiting the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog to see all the winners of the Blue Ribbon Awards for 2014!
2014 Blue Ribbon Awards

On my blog this week...

On the bookshelf...
The Counterfeit Heiress - Tasha Alexander
Waiting for Summer's Return - Kim Vogel Sawyer
Look and Live - Matt Papa

I finished reading Bonfire Night by Deanna Raybourn, and Tears of the Sea by MaryLu Tyndall. Reviews of those are still to come on my book blog. I did get reviews posted for Song of Redemption by Lynn Austin and Robin: Lady of Legend by R.M. ArceJaeger. See them HERE and HERE.)

A parting shot... She wasn't satisfied with just taking sunset pictures.
photo credit: Kennady
What did you do in your homeschool this week? Leave a comment and let me know!

Each week I invite bloggers to share their posts about middle school here on Middle School Monday. The link is open through Friday, and I will do my best to visit, comment, and share your posts. Please grab the Middle School Monday button to add to your post or to your sidebar when you leave your link below, and please visit the other links and comment or share. I look forward to seeing what you and your middle schoolers are doing!
Middle School Monday at Homeschool Coffee Break

Please visit your neighbors, leave comments, and share!






Weekly Wrap-Up  

 For the Display of His Splendor
  
This post is linked at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers, at Home to 4 Kiddos and at For the Display of His Splendor -  see what other homeschoolers were up to last week.

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.