This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Homeschool Coffee Break helps fuel this blog and our homeschool - thank you!
This week I have a tough assignment for 52 Lists at Beauty Full Slow. List my accomplishments for 2016. Tough for two reasons - I feel like I'm bragging on myself; and I worry that I won't find much to brag about! Anyway, here's what I did - I looked back at my Birthday Bucket List for the year to see how many items I was able to cross off, or at least worked on; and listed some of those here. And added a couple other things I thought of along the way.
- I prayed a lot more in 2016. Perhaps it's not exactly an accomplishment, but it was one of my high priority goals.
- I graduated another student from our homeschool! True, he gets the credit for the accomplishment, but I think it's appropriate that I feel some pride in that as well, since I was the teacher! Also, I did a lot of the planning for his summer vacation with the family too; which meant attending major league baseball games - another bucket list item.
- I started a new job! Actually, I got a couple of jobs over the year. I worked seasonally at a winery during the summer; and just last week I started a new job at a coffee roastery.
- I read (and reviewed) 40 books. I thought I could read 49 books this year, and I have two that I should be able to finish by year's end, so I'm close.
- Shared nineteen Homeschool Review Crew reviews here on my blog, and more than 250 posts.
- Started hosting a new weekly link-up here - Homeschool Highlights.
- We got two kittens!
- Worked on some home improvement projects, including painting the entry and stairwell, and redecorating in the family room.
- I got an Instagram account. Most of the time I am still kinda clueless as to why I am bothering, but I have an account and even remember to use it sometimes!
- I splurged on nail wraps for myself from Jamberry, and I'm a little obsessed with having nifty nails now!
- My hair is all grey now! I like to think of it as silver. Crazy, but that was my goal - to have grown out all the old color and be completely grey by the time I turned 50. I recently got a little help from OVertone to enhance the silver in my hair rather than just be boring grey; and I am loving it!
The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fall. ~Vince Lombardi
What have you accomplished this year? Don't be shy; leave a comment and let me know, and visit Beauty Full Slow to congratulate others on the great things they've done in 2016!
©2006-2016 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/