Friday, June 16, 2006

Evaluation Day

Well, today is the big day.  It marks the "official" end of this school year.  I've printed out report cards and lists of resources used already.  I'll have to look at whether there are any other reports that are worth printing for the evaluation - probably not.  Last night I put together the books that I will need to take along, and everything is pretty much ready to go. 


 


I must say that when I looked at the work on paper that Landon and Kennady had done over the year (History and Science), it was pretty unimpressive.  Depressingly few pieces of paper.  But my spirits were lifted when I printed the Resources Used report from my Homeschool Tracker - it included a wonderful variety of books read aloud, books on tape, music, and videos.  So I'm definitely taking those lists to show that although my Grade 1 student appears to have done nothing other than reading and math - he has in fact studied diverse subject matter including the art of the Renaissance, Shakespeare, American history, pirates, and inventions.  All the kids listened to Don Quixote and The Three Musketeers as books on tape.  We listened to, and discussed the styles of composers Back, Handel, and Mozart.  We learned about the lives and scientific contributions of Louis Pasteur and Marie Curie.  We read aloud childrens adaptations of Hamlet and Macbeth.  We learned about the lives and art of Leonardo da Vinci, Rembrandt, and Michelangelo.  Landon and Kennady certainly didn't generate much paper, but I think we had some great learning experiences this year! 


 


This morning I'm obviously under a little bit of a time crunch, but I think next week I will try to copy at least part of our Resources Used lists here, maybe even with some reviews. 


 


Yesterday I stopped at the library with Kennady and got her signed up for the Summer Reading program.  She is SO EXCITED to be signed up for the "reading test" LOL  A big draw for her was the free ticket to a Frederick Keys baseball game - I can't remember the date of the game, so I sure hope it's one we can attend!  She will be very disappointed if we don't.  Anyway, the "reading test" will be part of her Summer School experience. 

1 comments:

DanielleW said...

LOL at Kennady.


How did the evaluation go. It sounds like you were prepared. Got to love Homeschool Tracker. I haven't used it long or officially and I can already see the great benefits.

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.