Monday, July 25, 2011

A Kingsfest PhotoJournal

At long last...  some pictures from our vacation near the beginning of this month!  We went to Kings Dominion in Virginia during Kingsfest.



Kennady's favourite Peanuts character is Woodstock:



What a disappointment (for me, anyway) that Peppermint Patty is one of those misunderstood and marginalized cartoon characters.  She doesn't get a fair shake at all in the marketing department - stores full of Peanuts merchandise, but if you want just Patty, forget it.  You can get a zipper pull or a small beanie.  That's IT.  Patty is included (sort as an afterthought, in my opinion) on a couple of things that feature the entire cast, but she doesn't have any of her own product.  Where is the ACLU on this??  Peppermint Patty has been a favourite character of mine for a long time, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I met my DH, he used to think I looked like Patty.  (he assured me that this was meant as a compliment, and I refuse to consider it otherwise)  So I did make sure I got pictures of Patty at the park - the ONE Patty that was there.  *sigh*



[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="277" caption="me and Peppermint Patty - my favorite Peanuts character!"][/caption]

That Patty stand-up is located near the replica Eiffel Tower. We decided to go up the tower for a look around one day - I am not a fan of heights, so this was risky behavior for me.  LOL  Looking up the elevator shaft...



Some views from the tower...









[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="this "straight down" view unnerved me!"][/caption]

I think this was called the "Intimidator 305" - great roller coaster!



I love roller coasters.  The bigger the better.  I do NOT like ferris wheels.  Ferris wheels are truly terrifying and I refuse to have anything to do with them.  This ride also seemed scary to me, so I let Kennady ride with her Dad.



The SpongeBob SquarePants 3-D show was fun!



Of course, the reason we were at Kings Dominion when we were was to see and hear the bands playing. I didn't take pictures of everybody.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="240" caption="David Crowder Band"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Skillet"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Skillet's "Monster""][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="R3D"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Family Force 5"][/caption]

I didn't get any pictures of: Switchfoot, Newsboys, or Chris Tomlin.  Several other bands played earlier on each day as well - Hawk Nelson, Manic Drive, Lecrae, Group 1 Crew, etc.

There were fireworks each night, which we missed because we were at the concert.  And around the Eiffel Tower was a light display, which we did enjoy.



[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="At least I got to see Patty in a different light..."][/caption]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.