Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Goal Planning Monday (on Tuesday) - April 30, 2012





Funny how someone that isn't big on following schedules can still be such a creature of habit that getting out of a routine can mess me up!  The end of last week was just a little different from the usual, but it skewed my 'blog schedule' (term used loosely!) and I haven't got back on track yet. This was supposed to be up yesterday late afternoon, but I got busy with other things (like making dinner), so I am a day late.  but here goes.

I had a bit of a rough start to the week, with a couple more allergy days.  After that, to be honest, I just didn't have much motivation to be hard at work at much of anything, so I was kind of lazy.  And it shows on my progress report:
  1. Catch up grading, and plan for next year. Mostly done. I got a fair amount of grading done, and enough planning so that I was able to purchase a couple things at the curriculum fair, and narrow down a couple of the decisions significantly.  I'm pretty confident of what I'll be buying at the next fair and feel pretty good about my lesson plans for next year!
  2. Clean up my desk. Not done.  I wish I could say I'd made some progress, but it was so little that it almost doesn't count!
  3. Reading... Progress.  I read an entire novel, worked on my other reading, but didn't get started on Shakespeare, and that was the one thing I was specific about wanting to do this week.
  4. Blog goals... Done! My "schedule" - such as it is - is a little out of whack, but I did get everything done that I'd planned on.
  5. Decluttering... Some progress. Not enough to satisfy me, but I did work at it a little.
  6. Baking.  Partially done.  We did some baking, but it didn't include bread this week.
  7. This week's errands and to-do list: complete!
In the week ahead:

  1. Catch up grading, start purging and filing school materials.  We are finished a couple of subjects already, so now is a good time to work on sorting things out.  Some things we're finished with so they can be given away or sold, or maybe trashed.  Some things we'll use next year.  Some things we'll use in the future, but they can be filed out of the way until we need them.  
  2. Clean up my desk. Like I was supposed to do last week...
  3. Reading... Shakespeare is gonna happen this week, I'm determined.  And I also need to adjust my Bible reading time.  I've noticed that I became hit-and-miss once I finished A House for My Name, so I'm putting this out there for accountability!
  4. Blog goals...  I have a review to do this week, and a few other things I should work on.
  5. Decluttering... 
  6. Baking.
  7. Healthier food habits.  My DH has started dealing with high blood pressure lately, and after finding out that both his parents have heart issues, his doctor has now recommended that he follow a more heart-healthy diet.  We've agreed that we both need to focus more on eating healthier, and we could both stand to lose some weight.  Also, the kids need to develop some better habits too.  This is still a little vague, but an easy way to start will be to drink more water, include more vegetables and fresh fruit, and limit the snacks.  I guess this will also be tied to my endeavor to plan meals and grocery shopping more efficiently.
  8. This week's errands and to-do list includes: choir, groceries, softball games, Civil Air Patrol, church activities, and a baby shower.
I really wish I could include "see my hockey teams win their playoff series" but that's not something I have any control over! I'll plan on watching games on TV or listening to the Capitals games on the radio whenever possible, but I suppose it'll be up to the guys actually on the ice to score those goals. ;-)

This post is linked up at Real Life: Unscripted.  (New home for Goal Planning Monday!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you have a GREAT plan! I should probably be doing more of this! Some weeks I'm very productive and other weeks not so much. I did pull a lot of this years books off the shelves and put up what I have of next years...and started on portfolios. (Our review is 5/19.) A list might help me get more things done!

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.