Thursday, September 27, 2012

Think Back Thursday: Relaxing/Peaceful


This week for Think Back Thursday, we've been invited to share pictures with the theme Relaxing/Peaceful.  I can think of many scenes from nature that bring this feeling to mind, but my favorite is a mountain view, especially in winter.  I guess it seems quieter with the snow and ice.  These pictures are from our 2007 trip to Banff National Park in Alberta, during a trip home to see my family.





A wonderfully relaxing experience (provided it's not too crowded!) is the Banff Hot Springs.  I took this picture of the springs before we went in that day.  


To personalize this a bit, I am also sharing the attempts at family pictures while we were there.  Despite the peaceful backdrop, some of the attempts at a family portrait were decidedly less than peaceful!
lighting wasn't right here

My mom and dad at Bow Falls
Harrison - NOT relaxing
better, but we've got a few goofy expressions

we're losing them...
yeah, they're gone.
Thankfully, we did get one good picture - good enough to be our family Christmas card for that year.


Visit Debbie's Digest to join in with Think Back Thursday, and to see what other bloggers are sharing for this week's theme.  Next week's theme will be Landscape, and upcoming themes are Something or Someone in Motion, Railroad/Train/Train Tracks, and Autumn. 

Think Back Thursday is a photo meme that encourages sharing something from the past.  It is hosted by Debbie's Digest.  You can find out more about it, and how you can participate, by clicking the link or the button below.  

1 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

Banff does look nice. I am not a winter girl so my ideal of a relaxing time in that kind of setting would be a wood fire and me sitting in front of it with some hot chocolate. :-) The hot springs look inviting, but it is probably really cold when you get out. Brrrrr. We have similar problems with family photos and there is usually one thing wrong in each of the ones we try to take, someone making a funny face or my daughter's hair blowing so it blocks one of the other people in the picture, or someone blinks at just the wrong moment. But then, sometimes they make the photo more memorable in the future.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog and thanks for being a faithful participant.

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.