Saturday, April 13, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal: Spring Break Edition, Part Two

In our homeschool... we have been enjoying our Spring Break, but the kids have been working on a few things on their own. On Thursday, we celebrated the end of the spring co-op classes with a pizza party and small program. Some of the classes displayed projects they had worked on during co-op. These are the woodworking projects Landon did in his class -
Photo
I tried to take pictures of Kennady's praise choir during the program, but they really didn't turn out. The kids sounded great though! This is about the best I could do for photos - Kennady doing one of the readings.
Photo
In other news... spring has definitely arrived! The weather warmed up considerably during the week, and after the rain we received Thursday night and Friday morning, any trees that weren't in leaf already got with the program! Everything turned very green seemingly overnight. Kennady really wanted a picture of the bleeding heart plant she considers hers.
Photo

We enjoyed spending time with my parents and aunts, although we didn't take any real field trips but stuck close to home. We spent a couple of evenings just playing dominoes and visiting at home. Found time to do a little baking. I guess I could count some of this as cooking class, couldn't I?
Photo
It's a little early, but Spencer received part of his graduation gift from my parents - a pillow/quilt custom made by Gramma. Spencer picked out these fabrics when my parents visited in the fall, and here is the finished masterpiece.
Photo
What's working/not working for us... taking a break! I know that deciding to take a break from schoolwork put us behind my original lesson planning in some areas, but I'm also confident that when we get back to our full schedule on Monday, we'll be refreshed and ready to work a little harder to get caught up again.

Thoughts/questions I have... I hope it's not too late to get Spencer signed up for our homeschool group's Junior/Senior Banquet. He hadn't thought he would go, but changed his mind after finding out that some of his friends were going!

One of my favorite things this week... birdsong every morning - rain or shine!

A photo/video/quote or link to share... Landon doing his own ironing!!

Photo
On the bookshelf... I still have a number of books on the go, but only worked on reading one during the week, and I think I only read two chapters of that!
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Kennady and I have also been reading a book from Salem Ridge Press that we reviewed earlier this week. Our review is here: Margarethe by Emma Leslie

A parting shot... We deep fried a turkey on Friday night. I asked the boys to keep an eye on the fryer while the oil was heating up, so they took their iPods and a couple of folding chairs out to do that. LOL
Photo

This post is linked up at iHomeschoolNetwork - see how other homeschoolers are enjoying spring!
undefined
©2006-2013 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.