Friday, March 28, 2014

Homeschool Mother's Journal: Isn't It Spring Yet? Edition

In our homeschool... well, we are still trying to document our "ordinary" homeschool days, and we actually had a pretty "ordinary" week! The kids worked on pretty much everything this week, but individually for the most part. I think Art probably got short-changed this week, because we have several projects started and planned, but nothing got finished. I took Kennady on an art "field trip" on Wednesday - a couple of her pieces were displayed with our homeschool group's gallery at one of the library branches.
I guess I need to sit down with some catalogs and the internet and start sketching out what courses and curriculum we'll need for next school year. The first of the curriculum fairs is less than a month away, and I really haven't given this much thought at all! I don't know what I need to look for!

In other news... Kennady got a lot of cleaning up done in her room last week, in preparation for having a friend over on the weekend. We're starting a redecorating project for her room, and she got the first piece of that puzzle on the weekend - a new bedspread. We are thinking of painting the walls a bright apple green (like the solid side of the bedspread) and then doing window coverings and accessories in hot pink and turquoise.

We had more snow on Tuesday! Are you kidding me? I don't mind snow, but I really am getting tired of it now. Not only that, but CAP cancelled for Tuesday evening. Pretty soft, if you ask me. But it did make it easier for me to get Kennady to her choir practice and have a slightly less crazy Tuesday for a change. And other than that, it really was a fairly normal, ordinary week with things going pretty much as expected - softball practices on the weekend, choir practices, church activities, music lessons, and all of that.

We are going to a hockey game tonight, though, which is a little out of the ordinary. We haven't been to a Hershey Bears game all season, so we are overdue.

One of my favorite things this week... a few things come to mind - I had a wonderful time with Kennady on our field trip on Wednesday; and the stars on Thursday night were absolutely gorgeous.

I recommend... I just came across this "timely" post at Linda's Lunacy: Teaching Teenagers Time Management. Since I found it helpful, I'm passing it along! Thanks for the advice, Linda!

On my blog this week...



On the bookshelf...

  • The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard
  • Mortal Arts by Anna Lee Huber
  • The People of Forever are Not Afraid by Shani Boianjiu
Finished The Scarlet Contessa by Jeanne Kalogridis and City of Jasmine by Deanna Raybourn. You can read my thoughts on both of them at my book blog: Just A Second


A parting shot... I was surprised this shot of the moon and Venus turned out as well as it did!

SoYouCallYourselfaHomeschooler.com

   For the Display of His Splendor
This post is (or will be) linked at Managing Your Blessings, at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers,  and at For the Display of His Splendor -  see if spring has sprung for other homeschoolers!

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.