Friday, July 11, 2014

Random 5 on Friday: Summer Schedule, Vacation Plans, and Selling Stuff

The Pebble Pond

Since the summer schedule for school is so laid-back, I've been sharing my weekly summary in Random 5 on Friday (a link hosted at The Pebble Pond) style.
  1. I've had a wonderful week of lesson planning. Kids are enjoying a relaxed summer pace for school.
  2. Landon is hoping to start a part-time job soon, if all goes well.
  3. A friend is letting us stay at their timeshare for our vacation! It's still over a month away, but it's something wonderful to look forward to!
  4. Last weekend I finished reading The Shadow Lamp by Stephen Lawhead, and wrote about it at my book blog, Just A Second.
  5. I'm hoping to sell (or give away!) a bunch of books this weekend. I'm going to a homeschool "trunk sale" tomorrow and hope that some of the others there will have good use for the abundance of curriculum that we have outgrown, and the hubster and I decided that this weekend is when we'll go through at least one of our bookshelves and donate as many books as possible to the church library.
I recommend... checking out the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog, because we've been busy this week! The Crew reviewed two great products this week:

WriteShop Review

And I particularly enjoyed the ideas in this week's blog carnival - Summer Reading for High School Students.
Homeschool for Free
A parting shot... Landon mowing the lawn. I think I happened to snap the picture just as he was coughing though. LOL

The Pebble Pond


For the Display of His Splendor
In addition to linking to the Random 5 on Friday at The Pebble Pond, this post is also linked at Managing Your Blessings and at For the Display of His Splendor.

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.