Saturday, August 2, 2014

Beauty Captured: Days 348-365

So... right at the end of the Beauty Captured year, I went through a lazy spell with the camera, and then my computer needed repairs so I couldn't get pictures to the blog. But I was determined to finish this, and I'm glad I did! I don't know if I became a better photographer, but that wasn't really my goal. For me, the goal was to see beauty in everyday things. Over the past year, there are some subjects that caught my eye again and again - family members (very few were cooperative though), buildings and landscapes around my home, clouds, trees and flowers, birds and animals - and some subjects that were a one-time deal - something odd that just caught my eye, or scenery spotted on vacation.

Some participants in Beauty Captured shared their picture daily, but I shared mine a week at a time. This last installment covers a period of almost three weeks.

The spring horse's last ride.
photo credit: Kennady












Kennady was fascinated by this amber-colored sap.




Gaga Ball at youth group. It's a little like dodgeball in a closed court, except you can only swat the ball.






This bookshelf is beautiful because earlier that day it had about three times this number of books stacked on it. We purged down to just these that we are keeping. Hopefully I can reduce the other bookshelves (and boxes of books) by at least the same proportion.


Classic car show at the Beatles tribute band concert.




This Coke was in my fridge and didn't have a name on it, but it did say to share, so...






Beauty Captured is a daily link-up originally hosted at The Pebble Pond. The goal is to find beauty in our everyday lives, and to share a picture each day for a year. I plan on sharing my pictures once a week, but hope to remember to take a picture every day! Our hostess has found it necessary to take a break from this link-up, but Wendy at Life At Rossmont has agreed to provide a place for us to continue to link our posts through the end of our 365-day challenge. 
The Pebble Pond
This post is linked at Life At Rossmontthe temporary home of Beauty Captured.

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Monica said...

Your pictures are beautiful! So clear and crisp. Lovely scenery too.

Wendy Kaye said...

Thank you for joining, and finishing out the year. It was quite a challenge some days for me, too, to get that camera out and find something to photograph. The spring horse is rather poignant, isn't it?

Kym said...

Thank you! I do hope the spring horse found a new home - we took a load of childrens things to the local auction and I'm not sure whether it sold or not. But I thought it made a bittersweet picture - and it was rather fun to see him bouncing along in the back of the truck! LOL

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.