Wednesday, May 3, 2017

And Then There Was One - How Homeschooling Changes As Students Graduate


And Then There Was One (How Homeschooling Changes as Students Graduate) on Homeschool Coffee Break @ kympossibleblog.blogspot.com - A guest post for the Homeschool Review Crew blog @ HomeschoolReviewCrew.com

When I started homeschooling so many years ago, I truly had no concept of what it would be like when my little boys would be high schoolers and we'd have a couple more students too. I realized that my kids would not be my students forever, but it was still unclear what a homeschool empty nest might look like. It shouldn't have come as a surprise, and yet somehow it was strange to realize that my classroom was shrinking!

It started to hit me during the last school year, when my son was preparing to graduate as a junior. He'd be the third graduate from our homeschool, and of course we were proud of our shared accomplishment! Three down, and one to go! 

Wait a minute. One to go. Somehow, we'd gone from four students to just one, and although we're nearing the end of this school year, that thought still hits me new every now and again. I have only one student in my schoolroom now, and just two years before she graduates! 

Join me at the Homeschool Review Crew blog for the rest of this post, and my list of the changes you might experience in your homeschool as your class size shrinks. And some tips to get through it!

You may also be interested in these related posts:


 Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2017 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.