This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Homeschool Coffee Break helps fuel this blog and our homeschool - thank you!
This list should be a lot of fun - we're listing random or quirky things about ourselves. I was vacationing last week so I'm a little late with mine, but here goes! (See details and more lists at 52 Lists at Beauty Full Slow.)
- I'm a procrastinator. Which in turn means that I often find myself scrambling when deadlines sneak up on me.
- I find something to laugh about in almost any situation.
- My hair is going gray, and I like it. I decided about a year and a half ago that I would not color it any more, and embrace the silver.
- I love music.
- I love to read.
- I find politics fascinating and entertaining. And frustrating too, believe me!
- I like my coffee with just cream and no sugar, and my tea with just honey or sugar and no milk.
- I've always been a picky eater.
- I had eye surgery when I was three years old.
- I have never been a bridesmaid. But I have provided music for a lot of weddings.
- I like to bake bread, but I don't really like to cook.
- I rarely like what I look like in pictures.
- I absolutely love roller coasters! I ride them all when we visit amusement parks and love them all. Except - - - the Ferris wheel. Oh my gosh, I'm terrified of the Ferris wheel. My basic rule on rides is that if I'm strapped down so I can't move I will go on any ride and love it. And that's why the Ferris wheel scares me so much - too open!
- I'm a fast walker. Even though my gimpy knee has been slowing me down a lot, I still walk like I'm on a mission and it irritates the daylights outta me to get stuck behind slow walkers when I can't pass them.
- I am really skeeved by hair. I mean hair that is not attached to my head. It started when I was pregnant with my daughter, and was so bad that I was regularly throwing up just from combing out my hair after washing it. (I am getting nauseous just writing this, actually.) It did improve after she was born, so at least I'm not hurling all the time, but still - having loose hair stick to me in the shower is one of the grossest things in the world to me. I have an elaborate rinsing ritual to make sure all the loose hair is rinsed off, and I do not ever clean the drains. I'm so thankful for my husband who is understanding and looks after that chore!
- A bubble bath and a good book is one of my favorite ways to relax at the end of the day, especially in winter.
- I didn't learn to drive until after I was married. I was too nervous about it as a teen, and it wasn't really important to me then.
- I was in the large choir that sang at the opening ceremonies in the Winter Olympics in 1988. I know I've shared that one before, but it's kinda cool.
- I do not enjoy gardening or yard work at all. Sometimes my husband talks me into working on things like spreading mulch or pulling weeds, but I don't think I have ever, on my own, decided to work on a garden. Nope.
- Our first grandchild is expected this December!
|Coffee! Just needs cream. See #7.|
|See #13. This was one of the fantastic roller coasters we rode at Cedar Point last week.|
|See #5. I also have a book blog at JustASecondBlog.blogspot.com|
Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else. ~Judy Garland
Did any of my random facts surprise you or make you wonder? Leave a comment and let me know, and visit Beauty Full Slow to find out more random and quirky things about participating bloggers.
©2006-2016 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/