Saturday, June 1, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal: Memorial Day Edition

In our homeschool... we're still taking it easy as we wrap up the last of our school year. Spencer finished up the research paper he had outstanding today, and other than a few projects we are still working on, the  2012-2013 school year is officially in the books. Okay... not actually IN the books yet, because I still have to do final grades, but you know what I mean!

We started working on Institute for Excellence in Writing, and Kennady is working on some computer projects and doing some math review. Landon is gearing up to get a head start on science for next year, because he will be helping me review High School Biology in Your Home.

In other news... On the weekend we attended a grad party and then had a fairly relaxed Sunday. No hockey this week! But we worked on smoking some pork roasts in preparation for our Memorial Day dinner. And I baked Maple Barbecue Cupcakes, which were different but very good.

On Monday, Kennady came with me to watch the Memorial Day parade. Landon marched with CAP in the parade again this year.
We had company for dinner on Monday and spent a great evening laughing and catching up with our friends.

Kennady played her last regular season softball game this week, and the playoffs start next week.

One of my favorite things this week... Memorial Day - I love the patriotism, the honor shown to the veterans at the parade, and we had especially nice weather this year, plus we were able to spend part of the day with friends.

A photo/video/quote/link to share... we really enjoyed writing this review for See The Light. This is Kennady's version of the Paper Jungle.
Photo

On the bookshelf...
  • Mrs Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini
  • The Outlaw Preacher by John W Andrews
  • Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris
And I still need to write a couple "book reports" for my book blog. Oops. I've been so busy trying to 'Blog Every Day in May' that I put aside the other blog!

A parting shot... This fledgling robin spent most of a very windy day on our deck. I guess he wasn't quite ready for flying lessons!
Photo

Photo

This post is linked up at iHomeschoolNetwork - see how other homeschoolers spent this week!
undefined


©2006-2013 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.