Saturday, July 26, 2014

Random 5 on Friday: On a Slow Saturday

The Pebble Pond

I'm learning patience this week, since I am trying to get things done on a dinosaur of a computer. Wish me luck as I post this week's Random 5 on Friday (a link hosted at The Pebble Pond) this Saturday morning!

  1. Kennady has earned her break time from school, so she is reading what she wants (The Lord of the Rings), and Landon is going to do one more week of schoolwork and then he can relax for several weeks. He has been working on Analytical Grammar and Lightning Lit, and those reviews will post next week. His "break" might well be spent at his summer job though!
  2. Our main computer went all wonky again, and is being repaired. At least, I hope it can be repaired. We are making do with a very slow and old back-up computer and the occasional use of the library computer in the meantime, although this latest breakdown has underscored our need to get a reliable laptop. Not saying that will happen next week or anything, but the fire has been lit. LOL  Sometimes I think how behind the times we are - however have we managed all these years with only one "good" computer and no laptop?! ;-)
  3. Our new pastor and his family have arrived!
  4. It's been a challenge to update my book blog this week too, so the latest book I finished hasn't made its appearance there yet. (That was Miracle in a Dry Season by Sarah Loudin Thomas.) I did write about a couple other books there (A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber, and Flourish by Mary Jo Tate), and I'm amused by the timing of my decision to start posting some of the chatty things that aren't related to homeschooling at Just A Second. I moved the Farmhouse Porch chat post there already, because I'm planning to stay more focused on homeschooling here. 
  5. It's getting to be a full-time job fighting the ants that want to live in my house. I hate them all. But I suppose it's not quite as horrific as termites or cockroaches. :shudder:
I recommend... the Schoolhouse Crew blog, as always. This week's features include Crew reviews of a wonderful book for homeschool moms (Flourish by Mary Jo Tate, from Apologia Educational Ministries), and a fun online music lesson site (HomeSchoolPiano). You'll also find this week's giveaway from Curiosity Quest, a description of Charlotte Mason style education, and a Summer Studies Round-up of crew posts.

A Parting Shot... I am learning patience, but I don't yet have enough to wait for my photos to load so I can share one here! 

The Pebble Pond


For the Display of His Splendor
In addition to linking to the Random 5 on Friday at The Pebble Pond, this post is also linked at Managing Your Blessings and at For the Display of His Splendor.

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to Homeschool Coffee Break by Email!

 ©2006-2014 Homeschool Coffee Break. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://kympossibleblog.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It's like visiting over a virtual cup of coffee.